EVHS Weekly Announcements
Edition #1: Friday 9.11.20
- Digital Academy Orientation: Wednesday, September 9-11 Available at the link below.
- Digital Academy Orientation Materials Pickup: Wednesday and Thursday September 9-10 from 12:30pm-6:00pm at Eastview
- Student Picture Days: Monday and Tuesday, September 28 and 29
- Digital Academy Student Picture Day: Wednesday, September 30
- Parent/Guardian Open House: Virtual presentations during the Week of September 21
- Virtual Senior Parent College Application Planning Night (Zoom): Thursday, September 17 at 6:30pm (Register with link below)
- Parent/Guardian & Teacher Conferences: Friday, October 9 (Virtual)
Instructional Materials Pickup for Digital Academy Students
For all returning students, please return your instructional materials that have not been returned from last school year.
For our Digital Academy students, textbooks and learning materials will be available for pickup at Eastview (enter EVHS through door #1) as follows.
Check Schoology Update for courses that require or offer optional instructional materials for pick up.
1. Students with last name A-K: Wednesday, September 9 from 12:30pm-3:00pm
2. Students with last name L-Z: Thursday, September 10 from 12:30pm-3:00pm
3. If necessary, students may switch times on their own for their convenience.
4. If it is not possible for you to pick up your books in person inside Eastview please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eastview High School issues permits twice per year: in September for our Fall semester and in January for our Spring semester. The parking fee for 2020-2021 is $48 per semester. Fall permits are available on MyPaymentsPlus beginning the week of August 17th and Spring permits beginning the week of January 4th. Payment of $48 must be submitted along with the online application. Any/all outstanding fees/fines must be paid in full in order to receive a parking permit; fees/fines may be paid online or in person at the Eastview High School Main Office. Fall permits may be picked up when attending school the week of September 8th.
PSEO Student Parking Permits
For students that will be taking Post-Secondary Enrollment Option courses and will be at Eastview for two class periods or less during the Hybrid Schedule, please stop in the main office and purchase a discounted EVHS Parking Permit for the semester.
Daily Parking Permits
A one-day permit will also be available at the cost of $5.00 per day. Daily permits may be purchased from the EVHS Attendance Office prior to 8:00am.
Senior IDs Available For Pickup
Attention, Seniors: you can pick up your EVHS senior ID cards at the West Entrance Desk during school hours.
Lunch Shift Schedule
Free Lunches For All Students & Educational Benefits
The USDA announced a short-term program to provide school meals at no cost to all students. The program will last until funding runs out. We will announce when the program ends. Until then, all District 196 students are eligible to receive free breakfast and lunch every school day, whether in school or distance learning at home. A la carte items available at school are not included in this program. To order meals for your child to bring home for distance learning days, complete the take-home meal kit survey (click link below). If your child is enrolled in the 196 Digital Academy and you would like to receive a five-day meal kit each week, complete the 196 Digital Academy five-day meal kit survey (click link below).
Your family may qualify for educational benefits. This program waives co-curricular activity fees for the student. You are encouraged to apply with the link below.
HEALTH & SAFETY
Our school nurse is Melissa Persigehl, RN, BSN, LSN, PHN. She holds certifications as a registered nurse, school nurse, and public health nurse in addition to her Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing. Nurse Persigehl is working closely with our district health services and is helping us coordinate our health plan at Eastview. We are fortunate to have her expertise and experience here at Eastview. Her contacts are email@example.com and 952-431-8923. This is monitored each day of the week and weekend.
- We will be diligent in providing a safe environment for our students, faculty and staff.
- Everyone has a responsibility in achieving a school that is safe.
- The face covering policy and physical distancing (6 feet) protocol will be strictly enforced.
- When students arrive to school in the morning, they will either eat breakfast (distanced in Student Commons) or go directly to their first class for the day. At the end of the day, students will leave the building unless they are waiting for a practice or activity that will begin at 3:15 pm.
Parent/Guardians at Eastview
- To ensure and protect the health and safety of our students and faculty/staff, parents & guardians will visit Eastview by appointment only. We will do what we can to accommodate meetings through Zoom call.
- Parents & Guardians may continue to drop off items for students during the school day at our security office at our student entrance (door #1).
Symptoms Checklist (Refer to the Decision Tree image below including Spanish and Somali translations)
Let's commit to each other to (Refer to SMASH image below)
- Be Aware and Monitor our health each day (see link below for a symptoms checklist)
- Wash our hands properly.
- Maintain six feet of physical distance.
- Wear masks/face coverings.
- Show care for our community-#EastviewTogether!
Daily Self Assessment
COLLEGE & SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION
FALL TESTING UPDATES
ACT - October 6, 2020
- All seniors must complete this form (click link below) by September 25th and indicate if they plan to take the EVHS ACT Exam on October 6th. Any of the information provided will be used for the pre-registration process only.
- There is no writing portion or makeup option available.
- Buses will operate on their regular bus routes. Students will be picked up at their regular bus stop and dropped off at Eastview High School and brought back home.
- Many colleges are changing their admission requirements and how they work with prospective students during the pandemic. More and more are “test optional colleges” that do not require students to take an entrance exam to apply and enroll.
PreACT - October 7, 2020
- The Pre-ACT is rescheduled for the morning of Wednesday, October 7, 2020. There will not be a make-up this fall. This means that this year’s juniors will take the Pre-ACT at the start of their junior year and will take the ACT on March 30, 2021, as currently scheduled.
- Free transportation will be provided to students on October 7. Buses will operate on their regular bus routes. Students will be picked up at their regular bus stop and dropped off at Eastview High School and brought back home.
- There is no fee or pre-registration needed for this exam.
PSAT (optional) October 14, 2020
- Juniors at EVHS have the opportunity to take the PSAT/NMSQT exam. The PSAT (Preliminary Scholastic Aptitude Test) is practice for the SAT and is used by the National Merit Scholarship Corporation to determine National Merit Scholarship recipients in the class of 2022.
- This exam is optional and is different from the in-school PreACT which will be given for free to all juniors on October 7th.
- If interested, strong test takers are encouraged to take the PSAT to be considered for the National Merit Scholarship program.
Virtual Senior Parent College Application Planning Night (Zoom): Thursday, September 17 at 6:30pm
The Virtual Senior Parent College Application Planning Night will be held on Thursday, September 17th at 6:30 pm. Please pre-register below to watch live and be able to ask questions via chat. A virtual link will be emailed to registrants 24 hours before the event and it will also be recorded for those not able to make it.
This parent presentation will include important topics and changes this year related to the college application and admission process, test-optional colleges, sending materials and transcripts, and a timeline for senior year. We look forward to ‘seeing’ you there!
Please note that official college materials and transcripts can be requested beginning the week of September 21st from the Counseling Office. It is important that we share this new process with you and your students beforehand. Your student can work on their applications, essays, and other requirements in the meantime. The college planning information will be shared with seniors the week of September 21st.
Registration for fall super group is $50. Please complete your registration through MyPaymentsPlus (click link below) by Tuesday September 8th.
Contact Troy Swanson with any questions.