All About 3rd Grade
Look Ahead Night 2018
What's 3rd Grade All About?
A Day in the life of a 3rd Grader
8:30-8:45 Morning Work
8:45-9:00 PRIDE Time
9:00-9:10 Morning Meeting
9:10-9:30 Vocabulary/Grammar Practice
9:30-11:00 Guided Reading
12:00-1:05 Recess & Lunch
1:05-1:15 Independent Reading/Cursive
3:30-3:45 Afternoon Meeting & Pack-Up
What will we learn?
- Writing Workshop
- Guided Reading Groups
- Phonics & Word Study
- Poetry Unit - Poetry Cafe
- The Cardboard Box Project
- Place Value
- Multiplication (yay!)
- Geometry (polygons, triangles, quadrilaterals)
- Fractions (equivalent, comparing)
- Measurement (capacity, mass, time to the minute)
- Area & Perimeter
- Inheritance and Variation of Traits
- Life Cycles
- Animal Adaptations
- Electric and Magnetic Forces
- Early Explorers
- Parade of Pumpkins
- Explorers Project
- Multiplication Games with Art
The Cardboard Box Project
Parade of Pumpkins!
- Earned for demonstrating excellent character, sportsmanship, behavior, academic diligence
- Awarded daily, immediate
- Rewards for points accumulated include Reading Camp-Out, Movie, PJ Day, Toys from home, Etc...
- Character Counts
- Monthly Challenges
- Random acts of School & Classroom Kindness
From our Specialty teachers
Students will learn to play the ukulele, go on a field trip to the orchestra, and complete a composer research project - PBL
Students will focus on responsible digital citizenship and maintain a class technology blog and other social media accounts.
Students will develop a Spanish vocabulary of more complex words and phrases. Enhance students’ communication skills through oral language, reading, and written exchanges.
Students will use manipulative skills in movement combinations such as dodging and moving in different pathways.
Students will visit downtown West Chester for an interdisciplinary History and Art project.
New next year...
will have a new focus.
- Maker Design Challenge - Problem solving, critical thinking!
- Ninja Warriors - More challenging obstacles (the squeaky chicken stays!)
- Ceramics - More intricate fine arts
- Digital Story Telling