Greek Performance Info
Dec. 8th from 9:00-9:45 in Mrs. Corley's room
Before Day of Event:
- gather costume items and bag up for your child to bring on or before Friday
- have your child get their scripts from the REACH folder and review at home
On the Day of the Event:
- Bring costume (ideas below) in a bag, with the shoes you are wearing too.
- As always, report to homeroom, then come to REACH with costume. Performance will start at 9:00.....so we will need the student ready to change once they come to us. We will help him / her get the sheet (toga) attached and pinned. I do have safety pins!
- If you can come, sign up below. Then sit, enjoy, and take pics of your awesome babies!!
Greek Costume Ideas and Tips - cheap and easy!!
Feel free to come up with your own ideas - but here are some I have found online!! Google and Youtube are great helps!
Gods / Goddesses
Khalynn - Persephone
Adam - Hades
Adrienne - Demeter
Skyler - Apollo
Matthew - Ares
Esha - Hera
Oliver - Poseidon
Brody - Zeus
Heroes / Warriors
Jace - Hercules
Ashtan - Daedalus
Arya - Atalanta
Birdie - Echo
Bethany - Chorus
god / goddess
Solid, lighter colors work best. For gods, white is usually best.
Crown of leaves - see below! Super easy buy from Dollar Store.
Sash / Belt - pieces of colored / striped cloth or rope tied as belts. I found some cheap bed skirts at Goodwill, take the colored fabric that drapes and cut it off to use as a sash. Gold cording / rope also looks great for belts or wrapped around as a crown / headband.
Hair - Girls might want to have their hair in braids or long with curls. You could also have gold cord braided in or made for a crown.
Shoes - sandals, basic color....gold for girls is fine too. I would suggest bringing them and wearing tennis shoes so the kids won't be cold. :-)
Accessories - girls and boys can have gold armbands
Mortals - girls and boys
Solid and dull colors - like browns, grays, tans.
Hair - Girls could have hair pulled back, but it would not be fancy.
Shoes - solid, dull sandals - browns, blacks. Recommend bringing them and actually wearing tennis shoes because of weather.
Theme? Does your child have a specific mortal title? Like king, queen, or knight? If so, they should dress to reflect it.
Warriors - optional accessories
Chorus - girls and boys (these are our narrators)
Very simple, solid colors. Do not need to be dull colors, but they should not be confused for gods / goddesses. Basic clothing / or twin sheets can be used. If going with basic clothing, aim for no pictures or logos. Girls - solid dress and boys - solid shirts and pants. Again, sheets are still fine!!
No crowns or fancy accessories.