Burleson Elementary News
December 16, 2020
We will see everyone back on January 5th! Have a safe and happy holiday!
A NOTE FROM MRS. COFFMAN
We have had a wonderful first part of our year! We attribute that to our wonderful support at home, dedicated teachers, and eager learners! We missed the students so much last spring and have been so excited to see them each day in our classrooms! The students are happy to be at school, and we are happy to see them each day! We have had an excellent first semester filled with joy, learning, and significant achievement towards educational goals for all students!
The elementary Christmas Program for Pre-K was precious. The children worked very hard with Mrs. Estrada and Mrs. Autry and did a wonderful job! The Holiday Musical, Flakes performed by grades K-4 was fabulous! The students worked very hard on the production and did a great job! Thank you to Mrs. Autry and all those who helped to make it such a success!
We have many eager readers this year! I love announcing the students who are working hard to meet their reading goals! Our fifth-grade students are doing an excellent job running our AR store, Broncoville. We love seeing the students work hard towards their goals and enjoy their rewards!
We hope you have a wonderful holiday season! Many blessings to you and your family as we bring in a new and prosperous year!
It has been a wonderful first semester in Pre-K. The students have made marvelous progress and I am so proud of each and every one of them! I am looking forward in working with your child in the upcoming semester. Please continue to work and read with your child at home. I truly appreciate all you do in helping educate your child.
I would like to wish you a Merry Christmas and a safe and prosperous New Year!
Mrs. A 😊
Please continue reading with your child, counting to 100, writing, and practicing ALL sight words over the break. We have made HUGE gains this semester and I want us all to come back strong and ready to take on part two. I am so excited for what is to come in the Spring. :)
I hope you all have a safe and happy Christmas break. I look forward to seeing everyone back on January 5th. Thank you for all you do for your child's education. Please reach out if you need anything at all. :)
- Please read, read, read over the Christmas break.
- Practice math facts on the app math speed drill.
Have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR!
* We will begin subtraction facts in January.
* We will review and then begin new phonics rules after the break.
* Continue to READ, READ, READ!
Second graders have shown tremendous growth so far this year. We will continue to work hard each and everyday so that they are ready for third grade!
Merry Christmas and thank you for all that you do!
- In math we will be learning how to use addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division to help us with algebraic reasoning.
- In science we will be learning how Earth's forces change the Earth's landforms.
- Practice your math facts over the break! Learning your facts will help when we get to algebraic reasoning!!!
- I am so proud of how much the students have grown this year!!!
- In reading we will be focusing on fables and how those fables teach a lesson
- In Social Studies we will discuss ways people in communities meet their needs for recreation and describe effects of physical and human processes in shaping the landscape to make recreation areas.
- Reading logs due when we come back and book it coupons handed out so make sure you are reading over the break!
I hope and pray that you all have a wonderful and peaceful Christmas, despite all the illness and shutdowns.
We have MAP tested, AR Star tested, and will BAS test when we come back. All that data will help us plan lessons and intervention to help us prepare for STAAR testing in the Spring.
I look forward to seeing everyone back on January 5th feeling fit and well and ready to tackle the new year.
Have a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Reading and a word from Mrs. Tarr
Thank you so much for giving 5th grade a great first semester, through each trial we have faced everyone has stayed positive and taken care of business! I appreciate you!!!
When we come back from Christmas, we will be learning a lot of new concepts, so it is very important that your child stays as healthy as possible and comes to school so they can get the most out of their last semester in elementary!!!!! Can you believe that?? I am very proud of your kids so far, keep reading every day!!!