The Eagle Newsletter
September 27, 2021
Please click 'view it in your browser' to view the entire newsletter!
Cherry Creek Academy
Vision: Building Our Future of Academic Excellence in a Value Rich Community
Cherry Creek Academy is a Core Knowledge charter school with motivated students and responsible parents working together with exemplary teachers to provide excellent education in an environment that upholds the high expectations and values of leadership, responsibility, respect, loyalty, integrity, humility, diligence and compassion.
Important - October 1
It's that time of year again where we are asking for ALL STUDENTS to be in school for our yearly October Count day, Friday, October 1, 2021. Students can wear FREE DRESS that day. For each classroom that has 100% attendance for this day their classroom will be added into the drawing for a pizza party for their classroom, the date is still being determined. So please remember that on October 1, 2021 each student is allowed to wear free dress and each classroom with 100% attendance will be entered into a drawing for a pizza party.
CCA APP Update/Release
Visit the Play Store to download the new Cherry Creek Charter Academy App. You can also get there by clicking this link!
Visit the Apple Store to download the new Cherry Creek Charter Academy App - IN 24 HOURS by clicking this link!
15% off at Dennis Uniforms - 1st Monday of Each Month!
Teacher Service Awards
On Wednesday, October 6, 2021, during our CCA Staff Meeting, we will honor the following seven staff members for their incredible service at CCA: Jayne Bauer (15 years), Michael Hoynacki (10 years), Caitlin Leins (5 years), Kay Moriarity (15 years), Jacki Nusbaum (10 years), Cassie Wagner (5 years), and Karah Yamauchi (5 years). Congratulations and thank you for your incredible dedication to Cherry Creek Academy over the years.
Five Guys is donating back to Cherry Creek Academy PTO - you can help by eating!
On Thursday, October 7, 2021, Five Guys, 8547 E. Arapahoe Road, will donate 15% of Takeout & Pick up orders to Cherry Creek Academy PTO. Please help us by RSVPing to save the date and inviting a friend (or 2) to eat with you! RSVP & details here: https://grouprai.se/s196942
Covid-19 Safety Protocols on CCA Website
CCSD and our community health partners continue to offer COVID-19 vaccination clinics to adults and students 12 and older who would like to be vaccinated.
A Message from our PTO
Please join us Friday, October 15, 2021, at 8:15 am. Details to log in can be found on the CCA Master Calendar. We look forward to ideas and input from many members of our community!
Here are some quick links:
We believe that participation in athletics at the middle school level offers a number of invaluable lessons that correspond with our Eagle Traits here at CCA. Cherry Creek Academy Athletics is also a proud partner of the Positive Coaching Alliance. We have the opportunity to have one of their all-star trainers, coach “Roby”, next week on Tuesday, September 28th, to lead our volleyball team in the Triple-Impact Competitor workshop. This workshop will be held during normal practice times, 3:30-4:45. Coach Roby will help athletes to make positive contributions on three levels: • Personal Mastery-Making oneself better • Leadership-Making one’s teammates better, and • Honoring the Game – Making the game better. As with all practices, this workshop is voluntary. It is of no cost to our athletes. I’m so excited to have such a wonderful partner in PCA. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
Order Your Cherry Creek Academy Yearbook Today!
Box Tops for Education
Parents: Become a Substitute at CCA!
Are you interested in being a Substitute Teacher at Cherry Creek Academy? We are in need of substitutes and can help you become one at our school!
- Do you hold a Bachelor’s degree or higher? If you do you are eligible to apply for a Three Year Substitute Authorization through the Colorado Department of Education. Click here to access the application link.
- If you do not hold a Bachelor’s degree, but you are a High School graduate, you are eligible to apply for a One Year Substitute Authorization through the Colorado Department of Education. Click here to access the application link. to access the application link. Daily Rate: $110/day.
Upon receipt of your initial licensure, and 5 days of working as a substitute at CCA, CCA will reimburse you for the cost of your licensure.
*See our posting for Substitute Teacher below under Now Hiring.
Monday October 4, 2021 Picture Retakes
Above you will find a PDF of our school’s retake picture day flyer. The PDF is hyperlinked directly to our school's online ordering event. All that needs to be done to go to our online event is to click anywhere on either page of the attached PDF. This will then take you directly to our school's ordering page. You can also access the online ordering portal by going to www.mymjthomas.com and entering our school's event password C133. You may also print this order form and attach a check or cash and bring it in on picture day!
Steel City Codes
Cherry Creek High School Homecoming Carnival
Champions at CCA
This year Champions at Cherry Creek Academy is offering after school care for all CCA children. Champions is not offering before school care. Above you can see the hours and pricing for this service. Enroll today at Discoverchampions.com or contact your site director Amanda Bashford at 719-216-6014 or email@example.com.
Attention 8th Graders - Colorado Early College
Hello 8th grade Families!
My name is Mary Bain, I am the marketing coordinator for Colorado Early Colleges in Castle Rock, Inverness, and Parker! We have several students from Cherry Creek Academy that are thriving at Colorado Early Colleges (CEC). CEC is a network of public, charter schools where students earn a 2-year college degree or industry certificate for free in high school. At CEC, we offer accessible, flexible, and individualized education. Students are placed into classes based on their Accuplacer assessment scores, academic abilities, and career interests, not based on their grade-level.
I would love to be a resource for you all as you start to think about the right high school fit. I encourage you all to attend one of the information opportunities linked below. These opportunities are a great chance to get to meet with our leadership team, learn about our award-winning school model, and understand our school culture.
I hope to meet you all soon. I am happy to answer any questions you have about Colorado Early Colleges or high school fit, so please don’t hesitate to send me an email. Thanks!
Regis Jesuit - Attention 8th Graders
Bike Path Learning
Food and Nutrition Services
JV Soccer Game - HOME
Wednesday, Sep. 29th, 4pm
6260 South Dayton Street
Friday, Oct. 1st, 4:30pm
This is an online event.
Board Strategic Planning Retreat
Saturday, Oct. 2nd, 8am
This is an online event.
Colorado Academy Middle School XC Invitational
Saturday, Oct. 2nd, 9am
3800 South Pierce Street
To Join a Meeting
- Please visit CCA's Master Calendar.
- Click on the event that you would like to attend.
- Click "click here to join the meeting" underneath the description section.
- Alternatively, you can join by phone by dialing the meeting number and entering the meeting pin.
- Please remember to use mute when you are not speaking. This is important and will reduce background noise and other complications.
Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment
Advancing Colorado’s health and protecting the places we live, learn, work and play
Dear parents/guardians of students in Colorado kindergarten – 12th grade schools for the 2021-22 school year:
We know you’re thinking of all the things you need to do to make sure your student is ready for school. Getting vaccinated is an important part of their school readiness and keeps children from catching and spreading diseases that can make them sick. We wish you and your student a healthy school year!
Required and recommended vaccines
- Colorado law requires students who attend a public, private, or parochial kindergarten - 12th grade school to be vaccinated against many of the diseases vaccines can prevent, unless a certificate of exemption is filed. For more information, visit cdphe.colorado.gov/schoolrequiredvaccines. Your student must be vaccinated against:
o Diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis (DTaP, DTP, Tdap)
o Hepatitis B (HepB)
o Measles, mumps and rubella (MMR)
o Polio (IPV)
o Varicella (chickenpox)
- Colorado follows recommendations set by the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices. Students entering kindergarten must receive their final doses of DTaP, IPV, MMR and varicella. Students entering 6th grade must receive one dose of Tdap vaccine, even if they are under 11 years of age. You can view recommended vaccine schedules at
- Vaccines are recommended for hepatitis A, influenza, meningococcal disease and human papillomavirus, but are not required.
Exclusion from school
- Your student may be excluded from school if your school does not have an up-to-date vaccine record, certificate of exemption, or in-process plan for your student on file.
- If someone gets sick with a vaccine-preventable disease or there is an outbreak at your student’s school and your student has not received the vaccine for that disease, they may be excluded from school activities. That could mean lost learning time for them and lost work and wages for you. For example, if your student has not received a MMR vaccine, they may be excluded from school for 21 days after someone gets sick with measles.
- You may want to talk to a healthcare provider licensed to give vaccines or your local public health agency about which vaccines your student needs or if you have questions. You can read about the safety and importance of vaccines at SpreadTheVaxFacts.com, ImmunizeForGood.com, and cdphe.colorado.gov/immunization-education.
Paying for vaccinations
- If you need help finding free or low-cost vaccines and providers who give them, go to COVax4Kids.org, contact your local public health agency, or call the state health department’s Family Health Line at 1-303-692-2229 or 1-800-688-7777. You can find your local public health agency at cdphe.colorado.gov/find-your-local-public-health-agency.
- Please take your student’s updated vaccine record to school every time they receive a vaccine.
- Need to find your student’s vaccine record? It may be available from the Colorado Immunization Information System. Visit COVaxRecords.org for more information.
- If your student cannot get vaccines because of medical reasons, you must submit a Certificate of Medical Exemption to your school, signed by a health care provider licensed to give vaccines. You only need to submit this certificate once, unless your student’s information or school changes. You can get the form at cdphe.colorado.gov/vaccine-exemptions.
- If you choose not to have your student vaccinated according to the current recommended schedule because of personal belief or religious reasons, you must submit a Certificate of Nonmedical Exemption to your school.
Nonmedical exemptions must be submitted annually at every new school year (July 1 through June 30th of the following year). There are two ways to file a nonmedical exemption.
○ File the Certificate of Nonmedical Exemption WITH a signature from an immunizing provider, OR
○ File the Certificate of Nonmedical Exemption received upon the completion of our online education module.
Downloadable certificates and our online education module are available at
Community Events and News
Tuesday, October 5, 2021
Fremont Center | 14603 E Fremont Ave, Centennial, CO 80112
The Parent Connection: CCSD's Newsletter
The Parent Connection is sent to parents and community subscribers twice a month with information about student, school and district achievements, financial information, staff, events, board policy and more.
Please click here to read the latest Parent Connection newsletter from CCSD.