Morgan Taylor Hour 4
Foods In The Grains Group:
Any food made from wheat,rice,oats,cornmeal, barley or another cereal grain is a grain product. Bread, pasta, oatmeal, breakfast cereals, tortillas, and grits are examples of grain products.
Two Sub Groups:
Grains are divided into 2 subgroups, Whole Grains and Refined Grains. Whole grains contain the entire grain kernel the bran, germ, and endosperm.Refined grains have been milled, a process that removes the bran and germ.
What Is An Ounce Of Grain?
In general, 1 slice of bread, 1 cup of ready-to-eat cereal, or ½ cup of cooked rice, cooked pasta, or cooked cereal can be considered as 1 ounce-equivalent from the Grains Group.
The nutrients that you can get is Protein which is in beans and other kinds of plants to form complete protein.Iron helps our bodies make hemoglobin and myoglobin,both of which help carry and store oxygen.And B Vitamins which helps with metabolism,the process your body uses to make energy from the food you eat.
Consuming whole grains as part of a healthy diet may reduce the risk of heart disease. Consuming foods containing fiber, such as whole grains, as part of a healthy diet, may reduce constipation.Eating grain products fortified with folate before and during pregnancy helps prevent neural tube defects during fetal development. Eating whole grains may help with weight management.
- Whole grain (name of grain) can be one of them.The last one is brown rice which is
- The next one that whole wheat that is on the back of them.
- Whole (other grain) will be helpful.And stoneground whole (grain) can bed a other one.
- The last one is brown rice which is very helpful for your body.
- And one more is oats,oatmeal (including old-fashioned oatmeal,instant oatmeal).
Food Label Tips:
- The first I will give you would be make sure you look at the nutrients the food.
- The second one is make sure you are not getting something that is very unhealthy for you.