Onondaga Cave is located in Missouri. Onondaga Cave is one of the most spectacular caves in America due to its beautiful interior due to volcanic activity. There are many swell tours in Onondaga Cave for visitors to get a chance to see the inside of this beautiful cave and learn about the its history.
Onondaga Cave Fun Facts:
- Onondaga cave was formed byvolcanic activity that later calmed down, cooled into water, and created the a cave
- 60 different species have been found living in Onondaga Cave.
- The organisms in Onondaga Cave rely on a bats' guano as a food source (smaller organisms eat guano, larger predators eat smaller species)
- Onondaga Cave interior includes: stalagmites, stalactites, columns, flow stone, pearls and many more beautiful natural features
- Onondaga Cave is made up of granite, rhyolids, felsites, and bassalts.