Back to School Night
Back to School Night is on 9/29 (5th) and 9/30 (6th) at 6:00 pm. For the first time, we are going to offer a shuttle service from Larchmont School to Hartford for parents. If you go out to dinner, please come back in enough time so that you are able to find parking. Please make sure that parents have the opportunity to sign up for Fall parent conferences on your night. If you need a sign up sheet, please come to the main office.
- All teachers of Language Arts and Math need to complete (1) SGO centered around student growth in the content area.
All teachers in non-PARCC tested content areas need to complete 2 SGO's.
- SGO # 1- Content based SGO
- SGO #2- Literacy based SGO
Special Ed Teachers
- Self-Contained need 2 SGOs
- Resource Room teachers need 2 SGOs
- Teachers of student’s who take the APA need 2 SGO's
- Any teacher in a co-teaching or inclusion environment, who are only responsible for special education students need 2 SGOs
- Wilson teachers/RTI/Corrective Reading need 2 SGO's
- Nurses need 2 SGO
- Guidance Counselors need 2 SGOs
- CST staff need 2 Smart Goals
To receive SGP:
- teacher’s must have 20 or more students on their roster
- in order for a student to count they must be in the course for 60% or more of the course
- the student must have COMPLETED the PARC assessment
We have had two security drills thus far this year and overall they have gone well. One observation that I have noticed is that there are some that are coming outside without their red folder. All drills that require your students to move from one location to another, require you to carry the red folder. If you are taking your class to another location within or outside of the building (e.g. library, cafeteria, etc) you must take your folder with you so that you are prepared in the event of an emergency.
Field Trip Requests
Message from the Transportation Department:
- Please remind staff that Field Trip and Club bus requests must be entered into the EasyBus system at least 14 days prior to the date they are requesting or the system will not allow it.
- Also, many field trip dates in April, May and June last year were full by the time some teachers were requesting their trip buses.
- We only have a limited number of drivers available between 9:15 am and 1:00 pm to do field trips. Requests are on a first come/first served basis.
- Now is the time to get the trip set up and submit the request to make sure buses are available when you need them.
If you haven't already done so, please send down the roster of the students that are in your club and your scheduled meeting dates. Also, please send down the directions you gave to parents to sign up for Remind notifications. We will be able to share them with parents if asked. If you need help signing up online, please see one of us.
The I&RS committee is looking for volunteer teachers to serve as consultants. There could possibly be two meetings per month and sub coverage will be provided. If you are interested email Mary Anne or Tracy.
SCIP (School Improvement Panel) Committee Position
There is one SCIP committee position available for the 2015-16 school year. Based upon the provisions of TEACHNJ Act and AchieveNJ, every school must establish a School Improvement Panel (ScIP) whose role is to ensure, oversee, and support the implementation of the district's evaluation, professional development (PD), and mentoring policies. Each SCIP member serves a three year term and is compensated for their membership on the committee. If you are interested, send me an email and your name will be placed on the ballot.