Great things are happening at Crestwood!
UPDATE as of March 30 under Gov. Wolf's order - Crestwood SD remains closed. See the latest update below.
All Pennsylvania schools are closed indefinitely ... until it is safe to return.
"As COVID-19 cases continue to grow and the state continues to seek relief to save lives and stop the spread of COVID-19, today Governor Tom Wolf and Secretary of Health Dr. Rachel Levine revised their “Stay at Home” orders to include Carbon, Cumberland, Dauphin and Schuylkill counties, bringing the state total to 26 counties under a stay-at-home order. This order takes effect at 8 p.m., Monday, March 30, 2020, and will continue until April 30. All stay-at-home orders are now extended through April 30. All Pennsylvania schools will remain closed until further notice. Non-life-sustaining business closures remain in effect."
"The Department of Education will be providing updated guidance and resources on the continuity of education for students to schools in the coming days."
For the full text of the declaration, click here.
Anxious about coronavirus? Text HOME to 741741 to connect with a Crisis Counselor. We’re here to help.
BREAKFAST & LUNCH are BEING SERVED! FREE OF CHARGE!!
Crestwood Food Service will be continuing food service to
families in need @ 3 locations in the District
11:00 AM - 1:00 PM Monday thru Friday while we are closed
Drive thru @ in the Secondary Campus parking lot
281 S. Mountain Blvd
Mountain Top, PA
Drive thru @ in the White Haven Public Library
121 Towanda St
White Haven, PA
Drive thru @ SLOCUM TWP FIRE HALL
1923 SLOCUM RD
Our staff will be on hand distributing pre-packaged bag lunches directly to your vehicle.
There is no cost to participate in this program - YES, that's right, its FREE!
Pre-registration not necessary.
Please provide students name to the staff on site only so we can count
and plan for the number of meals to bring and complete some back office paperwork.
Message from Superintendent Mehalick
Dear Crestwood Families,
The following is the CSD Continuity of Education Plan for Enrichment and Review to
commence on Monday, March 30, 2020.
The CSD plan will be fluid. We are going to move forward in biweekly increments.
Specifically, how we serve the students for the next two weeks will most likely evolve
based upon factors and contexts.
At this time we will be offering our students the following:
- We want to provide our community, students and parents, with reasonable options to engage their children while we are following the recommendations of our Governor to stay home.
- Two to five hours per day of meaningful enrichment and review communicated through web based means (i.e Google Classroom and Skyward Messenger)
● Students are not mandated to participate
● Enrichment and review assignments will not be graded
● Attendance for students will not be taken
- Faculty will post daily (when possible) and respond to students and families when assistance and direction is needed.
- Faculty may experience limitations, so posting for longer intervals may be necessary but not preferred.
- At this time faculty are directed to not utilize video and audio live formats such as Zoom to deliver enrichment or review. Zoom (voice only) will be utilized for IEP and multidisciplinary team meetings.
- Assistance for our population lacking technology will be forthcoming.
- CSD related services, including but not limited to, school counseling, nursing, and behavior health will be communicating logistical information to their respective families.
Monday March 30 we will be posting review and enrichment activities in Google or in Skyward Message Center
Trying to find ways to keep your kids moving? Check this out ...!
What is the difference between allergies, the flu, and coronavirus?
If your child demonstrates any of these symptoms, please reach out to your doctor for guidance specific to your family.
- Use tele-health or virtual medical services if available to you
As always, if your child has a fever please keep them home for at least 24 hours after their temperature returns to normal.
Prevention is KEY!
- Wash hands with soap and water frequently
- Cover your mouth/nose when sneezing
- Clean high touch surfaces (doors, counters, table tops, phones, remote controls, etc.) with alcohol based sanitizers
- Social distancing (ie. limit close personal contact) with others
- When you feel sick, stay home and rest
UPDATE from PA Department of Education
Check out this link for the full press release:
So believe it or not we accomplished a lot this week! March 23 - 27 , 2020!
Check out the great stuff we accomplished this week!
- Monday March 23 - Friday March 27
Breakfast and Lunch services @ Slocum, White Haven & Mt Top
Our school buildings have been cleaned and secured!
- Wednesday March 25
Monthly Children's Produce Market food distribution
served 201 families in drive thru style
- Friday March 27
Breakfast and Lunch services included fresh fruit and vegetables
thanks to CEO/Weinberg Food Bank