3rd-5th Grade Discipline Model
Supported by Ms. Anderson
Ms. Anderson’s Non-Negotiables:
- Essential Agreements should be posted where students can refer to daily.
- Parent contact must be made within 24 hours of reported misbehavior via phone call, not text or email.
- Parent Contact Logs should be available upon request.
Research states teachers should:
1. Select and define clear expectations & routines in class.
2. Teach behavior & routines directly (in all settings).
3. Actively monitor student behavior.
4. Acknowledge and reward appropriate behavior.
With the help of Admin we will:
5. Review data to make decisions based on what’s best for students.
6. Correct behavioral errors.
Tier One: (3-5 Teachers)
- Essential Agreements/School-wide Rules
Tier Two: (3-5 Office Referrals) (Ms. Anderson will assign)
- Modification of procedures/academic restructuring
- Increased supervision
- Target small group instruction in social skills with Counselor
- Simple individualized behavior plan/ Check in-Check out Plan/ Contracts
- Home-School behavior connection plan
- School based mentor
- Lunch Buddy
- Teacher Character Lessons/Social Skills Training with guidance from Counselor
Tier Three: (Intervention Team will assist)
- Intervention Team
- Functional Behavior Assessment
- Counseling Time (outside provider)
3rd-5th Grade Rewards: (Ms. Anderson will assign)
- Morning News “Shout Out”
- Panther Store
- Smart Dollars
- Good Phone Calls Home
- Student of the Month
- “Caught Being Good” Certificates
- School Dance
- Popcorn Party
- EOY Pep Rally
3rd-5th Grade Consequences: (Ms. Anderson will assign)
- Verbal Warning (Conversation with Ms. Anderson)
- Loss of Recess/ Time Out
- Phone Call home (Teacher & Admin)
- Parent Conference (Teacher, Student, Admin)