PONY NEWS MARCH 27th
You have a Dream! You have to Protect it! If you want something, go and get it...
This is a great opportunity to remind our Kindergarten through fifth grade students that they are amazing. Remind them to dig deep down - deep, deep down and ask themselves, 'Who do I want to be?' NOT WHAT, but WHO is the question? Tell them that you believe in them, and that they have a great future ahead of them. If not you, then who? Who would give them that hope, motivation, and belief?
Tell them that it will take time and effort to achieve their goals, but with time and effort, they will succeed. Our students are tired of hearing how many times they have failed the STAAR, the district assessments, and their grades. It is our job to remind them that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and that we are swimming together with them. Help them to celebrate their small accomplishments by talking about their learning and growth in meaningful ways. Believe in them.
Don't let anyone tell them they cannot do it. Remind them THEY CAN. Let's move their thinking from IF... to WHEN...
- When I pass the STAAR...
- When I graduate from High School...
- When I receive a scholarship to go to college...
- When I graduate from college...
I am going to remember the teachers that believe in me!
No excuses! We will become a No Excuses University. As teachers, a big part of our success is due to thinking not if, but when our students are successful.
I will be sharing this video with our 4th and 5th grade students during their lunch time to encourage them.
Using data to provide feedback:
K,1st, 2nd and 3rd grade teachers: We will begin building our Data Wall using our April Istation data and students' current Running Records from your guided reading.
Please sign in on one of the available slots to visit with me so we can build our wall together and develop a classroom goal for reading growth. You will be able to wear jeans with a university shirt on the day you sign in. :-)
Bring your cards to our check-in meeting.
STAAR Testing this Week
This week we have 4th and 5th grade students taking the 1st round of STAAR. Be sure to send happy thoughts to the students and the teachers.
Only students and staff involved in testing will be in the testing areas (see attached map) to the maximum extent possible.
Avoid the fourth and fifth grade hallways. Be mindful of testing signs.
The Library and Computer Lab will be closed on Tuesday and Wednesday.
- There should be silent movement of students throughout the hallways.
- The campus will be Closed to Visitors on Tuesday 3/28, Wednesday 3/29, and Thursday 3/30.
- 3rd and 5th - will switch Specials times, 3rd will go to Specials at 8:00 am (Thanks for being flexible.)
- (K-3rd) Recess will be out front, across the parking lot, on the Soccer field.
- Coach Green and Coach W. will assist with getting recess equipment on and off the soccer field.
- Rainy Day recess - ( Indoors - in classrooms NOT next door to a testing room)
- 4th and 5th grade students will NOT have recess on the days they are testing.
- 4th Grade Lunch – Tuesday 1:00 pm (Silent Lunch)
- 5th Grade Lunch - Tuesday and Wednesday 1:30 pm (Silent Lunch)
- Ms. Zamora (STEMS) will be in P3 (Ms. Michael’s portable) on both testing days Tuesday 3/28 and Wednesday 3/29. This is next door to Ms. Shield.
- The library and computer lab will be used for testing on both Tuesday and Wednesday.
- ISS will be housed in the conference room on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Thanks for being team players!
Lunch will be provided for the entire staff during STAAR days:
- March 28: baked potatoes, drinks and cookies
- March 29: sandwich bar
Positive Ponies will be selling STAAR GRAMS to support ALL of our teachers and staff during STAAR testing! Starting Monday, stop by the office to encourage others during this stressful time of year!
$0.50 for a Snack
$1.25 for Snack and Drink
See Mrs. Tonya Bridges once again to buy and give to others! (Just like Thankful Grams)
Due to STAAR, there will not be any RTI meetings this Tuesday. Please check your emails as I am preparing my calendar to invite you for the months of April and May.
So far, the RTI committee has been very impressed with the data that teachers are bringing (which helps us make an informed decision for our students' interventions).
Reminder for Initial meeting: click here
Reminders for RTI follow up meetings: Click here
Please keep in mind that we want each of our RTI meetings to be begin on time, end on time, and last of 20 minutes per request. Your time and consideration is both appreciated and important to us. Thank you for being advocates for our students!
Please note, that failure to bring necessary data which will assist the committee in making an informed decision, will result to the meeting being rescheduled at a later date. Thank you in advance for your preparation.
Looking forward to collaborating with you!
Let's keep swimming together!
Pony Time this week
First Grade: Monday, Thursday and Friday
Second Grade: Monday, Thursday and Friday
Third Grade: Monday,Thursday and Friday
Fourth Grade:, Thursday and Friday
Calendar for the next 2 Weeks
- Ms. Maurier, Ms. Rowland and Ms. Ratzlaff for always being so helpful with WM assessments. ;-) Thank you!!
- Kilam and Izzy for helping me during my car dilemma! Love you gals!
- Office Staff & 4th Grade team for a yummy staff luncheon
- All 5th grade teachers for helping organize and supporting Nurse Erika during the Growth and Development video.
- LVES-thank you so much for all of your support in my family's new adventure! Baby William will be here this week! See you in May!
- Thanks to every teacher who has helped out with Saturday School!
- Thanks Mrs. Betty and PTA for giving our students a great skating party!
- Thank you Ms. Sherri for providing support to everyone!
- Thank you to MS. Lentz, Coach W, Coach Green, Mrs. Garcia, Mrs. Urban, Ms. McNamara, Ms. Breann, Mrs. Simpson for participating on the AED training.
- Thank you to Mrs. Maurier, Mrs. Rowland and Ms. Ulman for all of their hard work during the TELPAS window.
- Thank you to Ms. Bradley and Ms. Simpson for all of their hard work preparing for the STAAR test.
Thanks for the Shout-Outs!
Submit a Shout-Out to someone else HERE and we will share it in future Monday Messages.
3rd 9 Weeks Report Card input window closes on Monday, March 27
STAAR WARS and JEANS
You are welcome to wear your Jeans on Tuesday and Wednesday only if you are wearing your STAAR Wars shirt to support the students. 0r if you have a jeans pass.
2nd and 4th grade specials times will swap to accommodate award assemblies