HMS Bearcat Bulletin
A Note from Ms. Buschmann
The year is winding down, but there is still lots of learning to be done and some fun to be had. It has been a great school year. Thank you for all of your support and participation in your child's education.
I would be remiss if I did not acknowledge Teacher Appreciation Week. We have spent this week celebrating our staff. What we accomplish on a daily basis would not be possible without the whole team. I hope you take the opportunity to thank an HMS Staff Member this week (every week, really).
News for 8th-Grade
8th-Grade Celebration will start at 6:00 p.m. in the HMS gym. All students should arrive, dressed in khaki pants and their 8th-Grade T-shirt, in the library by 5:45 p.m. The program will be approximately 30 minutes.
At the conclusion of the ceremony, a photographer from Wagner Photography will be available in the band room for family pictures and then parents are done! Students are invited to the cafeteria to enjoy a meal, provided by Families In Action and Wings-A-Blazin', followed by a dance and prize giveaways. The dance will end at 10:00 p.m.
The 8th-grade field trip is on Tuesday, May 14. Permission slips and payment is due Friday! For the field trip, students should dress for the weather conditions and wear closed-toe shoes.
We will have a laptop available to use in the office during school hours if you prefer that to using your cell phone.
You must complete online registration for your student to be scheduled for classes! We will have a registration day on August 6th where 4th-6th-grade students will be able to pick up letters from their homeroom teacher and 7th and 8th-grade students will be allowed to choose their locker if their registration has been completed and approved by that date. You will also be able to register on that day if necessary. Look for a newsletter at the end of July with more information about this day.
- Transportation is available, but summer routes are different than during the school year.
- Breakfast and lunch are provided FREE OF CHARGE to all students 18 and younger.
- Students with 100% attendance will be eligible for an incentive trip to the pool the first 3 Fridays of summer school.
Enrollment Packets are needed as soon as possible in order to ensure adequate staffing. Please contact the Middle School office or Maranda Anderson with any questions.
Student of the Month
Middle: Kameron, Lydia, Megan, Kylie, Hailey, Nolan, Hunter, Lane, Cadyn, Taylor
Back: Averie, Eric, Faith, Jaelee, Abbey, Leila, Claire, Kaley, Gavin, Jackson
And the Winners Are...
Save the Date: Bearcats at the Ballpark
- Friday, July 12 at 7:15 p.m. versus the Arizona Diamondbacks
- The first 30,000 fans age 16 and older will receive a replica jersey from the 2009 All-Star Game in St. Louis.
- The student who refers the most sales will earn an on-field experience for 4 ticket holders prior to the start of the game. This Pregame experience includes viewing batting practice and a professional photo.
Order forms were given to band and choir students. You may return the order form to the office or just stop by during regular school hours to purchase tickets. Please call Mrs. Schwartze, 486-3121 x1205 with any questions.
Ongoing Fundraising Efforts
Please keep in mind a couple of easy ways to raise funds for HMS.
1. Boxtops for Education
2. Shutterfly- start your order at our storefront and 8% of each purchase will be sent to HMS.
Visit our Storefront: hermannmiddleschool.ShutterflyStorefront.com
3. Best Choice UPC's
4. Coca-Cola Give: Put codes from bottles or12-packs or cases of cans in and designate Hermann Middle School as your giving partner at Coke.com/Give.
Pictures from HMS
May 9- Board of Education Meeting, 6:00
May 10- 8th Grade Promotion, 6:00
May 10- Families In Action Dance, 7:30-10:00
May 10- Honor Society Lock-In, 10:00
May 14- 8th-Grade Field Trip
May 15- Reading Counts Incentive Trip
May 21- 6th Grade Awards, 8:15
May 21- 5th Grade Awards, 9:15
May 21- 7th and 8th Grade Awards, 2:20
May 21- Student of the Month Assembly, 2:45
May 22- Last Day of School
May 28- First Day of Summer School
August 13- HMS Open House, 4:00- 6:00 p.m.