Belmont School Counseling!
We will Get Through This!
"One day is worth two tomorrows"- Ben Franklin
Dear Belmont Students and Families,
I miss you all so much! I love the sound of our students in the hallways and enjoy seeing you all for classroom guidance!
With that said, we have new challenges that we face, but also new opportunities to create joy and hope! Let’s focus on the now, the moment we are in, and make it the best we can! We will get through this together and we are here to help you. We hope you all stay safe and healthy. Below are helpful resources and one of my favorite books to read!
A Message From PWCS For Support!
PWCS cares deeply about students’ emotional well-being during their time away from school. If a student is in need of emotional support during this time, please feel free to send an e-mail to email@example.com. A school mental health or health professional will answer and offer virtual support to students to the best of their ability. This e-mail is not to be used for emergency situations as it will not be monitored 24 hours a day. If a student is ever in an emergency situation he/she is encouraged to call 911 or utilize one of the resources listed below:
ACTS Helpline 703.368.4141
1.800.SUICIDE (24-hour hotline) 1.800.784.2433
Crisis Text Hotline (24-hour hotline) 741741
PWC Child Protective Services Hotline 703.792.4200
PWC Community Services Board 703.792.7800
A Message From Mrs. Choi
Mrs. Choi says hi and has put together a few resources for you! Please see the message below.
As you are taking time off from school, please stay healthy and safe. Our counseling department recommends students do the following activities below in order to support the social and emotional health of our students.
1. Stay healthy:
- Cover your mouth when you cough.
- Wash your hands with soap and water
2. Get some exercise:
- Jumping jack: Try 20, 40, 60, 80, or 100 times.
- 5x5: Run in place for five seconds and be still for five seconds and repeat.
- Bike/walk outside if possible.
3. Try grounding exercise:
- 5-4-3-2-1 Sights: 5 colors I see; 4 shapes I see; 3 soft things I see; 2 books I see; 1 people I see.
- A-B-C Around the Room: Find things in the house that starts with A, B, C….all the way to Z! Were you able to find all?
4. Name 5 things I am thankful for:
- Trace your hand on a piece of paper and write down things you are thankful for in each finger on the paper.
5. Room Search:
- Name everything in the room that’s green, red, brown and more.