The Madison School PTA Newsletter / January 8, 2021
Happy New Year!
Thanks to this wonderful community, the Madison PTA was able to give back and also sponsor many fun activities in 2020. We have an exciting year ahead in 2021 and appreciate your continued support. Stay tuned here or on the Madison PTA Facebook Page if you're a member, for updates on what's next and how you can get involved.
Madison PTA Sponsors December Mobile Food Pantry
Invitation to Get Involved: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Committee of the CUSD200 PTA
You are invited to participate in this important work!
- Do you share the goals of the DEI Committee?
- Do you have a perspective to contribute to the discussion?
- Do you have concerns you would like to see addressed by the committee?
We are dedicated to amplifying all voices with dialogue and action, and helping all students achieve their greatest potential. We need the commitment of the community to make that happen.
Please join us by filling out this form.
Be on the lookout for these upcoming events and opportunities:
- Community Survey – A DEI-focused survey, piloted this fall, will be reissued in early 2021 with a goal of securing increased responses and identifying action steps to achieve DEI goals.
- DEI Committee Meeting – Our next committee meeting will be held in January 2021.
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to the DEI Committee Chair (and Madison parent), Anjali Bharadwa, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 630-660-5937.
Attention Virtual Students - Tuesdays at 2 Continues in 2021
CUSD 200 Updates and Resources
The CUSD 200 board will meet twice in January 2021 and we will continue to keep you updated with any implications for elementary students.
In the meantime, for in-person learning to continue, the district has asked the community to follow mitigation, health and safety protocols both during and outside of school hours. The district thanked those families who are doing so and urges everyone to do their part to flatten the number of COVID-19 cases.
Stay up to date with these CUSD 200 web resources:
- CUSD 200 website
- CUSD 200 newsroom
- COVID dashboard - Stay up to date on quarantine and confirmed case numbers
- Food service - All students can receive free meals, whether they learn in person or virtually
- YouTube channel - Watch board meetings live or on demand
- Student Excellent Foundation Essential Needs Fund - Donate to the emergency fund that provides resources to CUSD 200 families facing food insecurity and other needs
Easy Ways to Fundraise for Madison PTA!
Donate to the Madison PTA while you shop!
- Box Tops for Education: Scan your grocery receipt in the Box Tops app, and Madison will earn 10 cents from every qualifying item. Download the app.
- AmazonSmile: Join AmazonSmile and select Madison, so when you shop Amazon - on the website or through the app - the PTA will get 0.5% of your eligible purchases. Learn more on the PTA website.
- January 13: D200 Mobile Food Pantry at Monroe
- January 13: D200 Board of Education Meeting 7 p.m. Hubble Middle School
- January 18: Martin Luther King Day - No School
- January 25: PTA Meeting 7 p.m. ZOOM
- January 27: D200 Board of Education Committee of the Whole 7 p.m. Hubble Middle School
- January 29: Institute Day - No School
Next PTA Meeting
Monday, Jan. 25th, 7pm
This is an online event.
View the full meeting schedule for the year and access minutes from previous meetings on the Madison PTA website.