October 2021 Newsletter
Stay connected and see what's happening at WAE this month.
- 10/1: Fathers Take Your Child to School Day
- 10/2: National Custodian Day: Thank you to our wonderful custodians- Mrs. Guzman, Mrs. Gomez, Mrs. Bautista, and Ms. Perez!
- 10/3: Spirit Shirt Orders ends today
- 10/5: Honor Choir Meeting, 4th grade
- 10/6: Girls Club Meeting
- 10/7: Honor Choir Meeting, 5th grade
- 10/7: Boys Club Meeting
- 10/7: PTA Meeting with 5th grade Music Performance
- 10/8: Fall Break (No School)
- 10/11: Fall Break/Columbus Day (No School)
- 10/12: Staff Development Day/No School for Students
- 10/13: Girls Club Meeting (Virtual)
- 10/14: Honor Choir, 5th grade
- 10/15: Last day of Hispanic Heritage Month
- 10/19: Honor Choir, 4th grade
- 10/20: Honor Society Meeting
- 10/20: National Unity Day (Wear orange.)
- 10/22: National Pink Out Day for Breast Cancer Awareness (Wear pink.)
- 10/22: Brighter Bites Food Distribution
- 10/23: Pre-K Family Literacy Day
- 10/25-10/29: Red Ribbon Week
- 10/26: Reading Unit Test #2: 2nd-5th grade
- 10/26: Honor Choir, 4th grade
- 10/27: Science Unit Test #2: 2nd-5th grade
- 10/28: Math Unit Test #2: 2nd-5th grade
- 10/28: Honor Choir, 5th grade
- 10/28: Student Council Meeting
- 11/1: Staff Development Day/No School for Students
- 11/2: Staff Development Day/Election Day/No School for Students
Extra help on campus: College Tutors and Retired Teachers
As we know too well, the pandemic has caused major disruptions in instruction in our students education. To help with this, the district hired numerous college tutors to assist with student interventions.
At WAES, we welcome:
- Ms. Ford, supports Kindergarten Reading
- Ms. Diaz, supports in K-2nd Reading
- Ms. Cleto, supports 2nd-3rd Math and Reading
- Mr. Valdez, supports 4th and 5th Math
- Ms. Malveaux, supports 4th and 5th Math
*College tutors are supervised at all times by the classroom teacher and/or instructional coaches.
In addition, we have two retired teacher assisting our students. We welcome to WAES Mrs. Brown, who supports K-3rd Reading and Ms. Bazile, who supports 3rd-5th Math.
Lastly, we have a homegrown students/aspiring teacher, Mrs. Martinez that supports our kindergarten classes.
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact our front office.
Brighter Bites in October!
Woodland Acres Elementary PTA
Meeting ID: 684 625 8640
Friendly reminder, please help ensure your child has a mask daily. Consider having one or two extras in their backpack just in case they get dirty, wet or break.
Thank you for your support!