PINE HOLLOW MIDDLE SCHOOL
Tuesday, October 23, 2018
Dear Pine Hollow Parents,
Please consider joining us this Friday at 5:00pm at Pine Hollow for our 1st annual Chili Challenge! This is a family friendly event hosted by the PTSA, and only costs $5 per person to taste all the various chili challengers. Plus, there will be hot dogs, snacks and drinks for sale. This event follows our Halloween Party, so students can easily attend both events. Thank you for supporting Pine Hollow, and for helping our PTSA raise some funds and have some fun!
Principal, Pine Hollow Middle School
(925) 672-5444 x5500
Chili Challenge Presented by the PTSA
The Pine Hollow PTSA is hosting the 1st Annual Pine Hollow Chili Challenge this Friday, October 26 from 5:00-7:00pm. All parents and community members are welcome to attend as tasters for just five dollars per person! We'll also have hot dogs and snacks, so bring your whole family for dinner. Thank you for entering and/or attending this fun community event, and may the best chili win!
High School Enrollment
Intradistrict Transfer Information
Election Day and Measure J
Recently, the MDUSD Board of Education approved a plan to complete a district-wide Facility Master Plan, which will provide a comprehensive assessment of all physical facility needs that the district can use to prioritize projects and apply resources accordingly. In order to make necessary repairs and upgrades, the MDUSD Board voted to place Measure J, a local bond measure, on the November 6, 2018 ballot. Learn more about Measure J here.
America's Safe Schools Week
Red Ribbon Campaign
Middle School Sports Udpate
- SOCCER: Congratulations to our varsity soccer team and Coach Ballard for making it to the semifinals this season! Although they lost a tough game in the playoffs to El Dorado, they truly had a great season going 3-1 overall.
- VOLLEYBALL: Pine Hollow will be participating in a one-day volleyball tournament on December 3rd against other middle schools. Students should complete a sports permission slip and turn it in to the main office to tryout. Tryouts will be in November and we are still looking for a coach. The volleyball "season" will consist of a one-day tryout, three practices, and a one-day tournament.
- BASKETBALL: Basketball tryouts will begin in December and all students who want to participate must have a permission slip on file with the main office. Also, please let us know if you, or someone you know, is interested in coaching this year.
- FLAG FOOTBALL: Flag Football tryouts will be held in March, and the regular season will begin in April.
Please CLICK HERE to visit the district website to learn more about the MDUSD Middle School Sports program, review the schedule, and sign up!
Upcoming Key Dates
- October 25: ELAC Meeting
- October 26: Halloween Party
- October 26: Chili Challenge
- October 30: Make-Up Picture Day
- October 31: Halloween Dress Up Day
- November 5: MDUSD Board Meeting
- November 6: Election Day
- November 6: Site Council Meeting
- November 12: No School (Veterans Day)
- November 15: MDUSD DELAC Meeting
- November 16: 2nd Quarter Progress Report Cards Distributed
- November 19-23: Thanksgiving Break