Mrs. Rish's Class Skills Agenda
We will use Pebble Go to study the water cycle and weather this week. We also will use weather related reading comprehension passages.
We also will read about George Washington Carver.
We are continuing to work through the five areas of Daily Five. This design gives students lots of practice in the most essential aspects of literacy.
Our I CAN statements for the week will be:
- I CAN use strategies to solve subtraction problems to 1000.
- I CAN use place value discs to subtract.
- I CAN use the arrow way to subtract.
- I CAN explain why I chose a certain strategy.
- Feb. 1 - Mrs. Rish out - Text Book Committee
- Feb. 2 - Mrs. Rish out - Science Curriculum Meeting
- Feb. 3 - Second Grade Super Bowl of Math - schedule below
- Feb. 5 - Friday Freeze
- Feb. 12 - Second Trimester Ends
- Feb. 19 - Field Trip to BIrmingham Museum of Art
Students should use Raz-Kids to complete reading assignments. Students should strive to complete level P before the start of 3rd grade. Level Q correlates to a third grade reading level.
Students should study vocabulary and spelling words at home.
Lunch Reservations (we eat at 12:25)
February Lunch Reservations
Message from the Office
Each student is allowed 6 parent excuses per year (this is a change from years past). Parent excuses can be a hand written note or you may email the excuse to your child’s teacher and copy the excuse to: PPattendance@trussvillecityschools.com.
An ORIGINAL doctor’s excuse may be turned in from the parent by the student. Doctor’s excuses may be faxed to 205-228-3201 ONLY by the doctor’s office. We can NOT accept a faxed doctor’s excuse from a parent.
All excuses MUST be turned in within 3 days of the absence.
Trussville City Schools
Educators, staff, parents, and the community will work together to help students
move forward on a positive path toward college and career readiness.
The Mission of Trussville City Schools is to educate all students using high standards in a safe, nurturing
environment fostering academic and career competencies that prepare them to be productive citizens.