Vol. 8, Issue 17; January 15, 2021
Upcoming School Schedule
Monday, January 18 - MLK Jr. Day (no school)
Friday, January 22 - End of 2nd Quarter
Monday-Wednesday, February 15-17 - Presidents' Day/February break (no school)
Friday, February 19 - Winter Carnival
Welcome Back to School on Tuesday!
Here are a few reminders:
- Please DO NOT send your child to school if they are not feeling well or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19. Please contact the main office to let us know if you will need to keep your child home for any reason.
- Pay close attention to any emails or phone calls from the school. If there are any schedule changes or we need to move back to remote learning, you will find out via email and automated phone call.
- To keep our community as safe as possible, please practice mask-wearing, social distancing, and frequent hand-washing, along with using hand sanitizer when needed, both in and out of school.
Remote Learning Information
We appreciate everyone's cooperation and understanding with remote learning days. Anytime we have to move to remote learning, please remember that attendance is taken as usual, and students are expected to be present and engaged with classes from home. Please call the main office if you know your student will be absent from remote learning days.
Please remember that in order to become an ongoing remote student, a conversation will need to take place between the building principal (Mrs. Casey or Ms. Lindsay), the student, and a parent/guardian BEFORE being allowed to remote into classes. Please call the office at (518) 523-2474 for questions.
COVID Testing At School
Educational Leave Program
Again this year, LPMHS is proud to offer our Educational Leave Program for student-athletes who train and compete at the state and national level in sports that are not school sponsored (NYSEF sports, luge, bobsled, speed skating, figure skating, etc…). This program is designed to provide educational support for student-athletes who must miss classes to train and compete in their sport.
If your child is planning on participating in NYSEF sports or any other outside sport this winter, please fill out the Educational Leave Request form and email it to Ms. Amy Spicer, LPMHS Educational Leave Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org. She will also be happy to answer any questions you may have about the program. Please note that the form needs to be submitted to Ms. Spicer five school days in advance of your child’s leave.
Backpack Program- FREE Meals for the Weekends!
Blue Bombers Masks Still Available!
Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion
LPCSD invites interested people of all ages to join a work group on a diversity, equity and inclusion policy, sometimes referred to as a diversity policy. If you are interested in being part of this work group, please contact Board member Martha Spear at 518-946-7851 or email@example.com.
- Ecumenical Food Collection Days: See below for more information.
Don't forget, a parent/guardian can volunteer along with their student and earn double the hours toward the graduation requirement. Please see Mrs. Patti McConvey for more volunteer opportunities and don't forget to fill out and hand in those volunteer forms!
Ecumenical Food Bank Information
- Several of the Lake Placid community service organizations have joined together to host monthly Ecumenical Food Bank Food Drives for the foreseeable future.
- Volunteers from the organizations will be available at the St. Agnes Church parking lot to receive food donations.
- The next collection date is Saturday, February 13 from 9 a.m. to noon.
- More information can be found in the Lake Placid Insider and the organizations' websites and Facebook pages. They include the Adirondack Community Church, Lake Placid School District, Lake Placid Synagogue, Lions Club, Rotary Club, and St. Agnes Parish.
- If you would like to join the effort please contact the Lake Placid Rotary Club via their website or firstname.lastname@example.org
Board of Education Meeting Dates 2020-21
The LPCSD Board of Education meets every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month at 6:30 p.m. in the MHS Library Media Center. Board members attend in person or via zoom from their homes.
- Board meetings will continue to be streamed live. Executive Order 202.1 – Article 7 of the Public Officers Law allows for the school board to meet without permitting in public in-person access to meetings.
- Board agenda documents will become live on Saturday before the meeting and can be found at: https://go.boarddocs.com/ny/lpcsd/Board.nsf/Public
- Anyone can submit comments for the Good of the Cause by emailing email@example.com. Emails will be read during the portion of the Good of the Cause.
- Board meetings are streamed live at: http://www.lpcsd.org/. Click on "live stream."
Upcoming meeting dates are as follows:
February 16 (Budget work session 6-7 and Board Meeting 7-8:30)