How do lead poisoning affect you
What is lead poisoning?
Lead is a very strong poison. When a person swallows a lead object or breathes in lead dust, some of the poison can stay in the body and cause serious health problem.Children are especially vulnerable to lead poisoning, which can severely affect mental and physical development.
How can lead poisoning be prevented ?
- Keep your home as dust-free as possible.
- Have everyone wash their hands before eating.
- Throw out old painted toys if you do not know whether the paint contains lead.
- Let tap water run for a minute before drinking or cooking with it
How do you know you have lead poisoning?
Signs and symptoms usually don't appear until dangerous amounts have accumulated. To know you got lead poisoning your doctor have to give you a blood test.