SANTA SUSANA HIGH SCHOOL
YOUR SCHOOL OF CHOICE
- SSHS SHOWCASE & HOMESHOW
- STEAM EXPO & HEALTH FAIR
- JUNGLE BOOK - CHILDREN'S THEATER
FEB 8 - SSHS SHOWCASE All Programs on Display
FEB 8-11 - Mock Trial Rounds 1-4 (virtual)
FEB 15-16 - Mock Trial Semi-Finals
FEB 17-18 - Children's Theater Show Jungle Book
MAR 3-5 - Play Production Show
MAR 5 - Performing Arts Auditions
MAR 5 - Steam Expo/Health Fair
MAR 8 - Future Troubadour Day
MAR 18-19 - Dance Show
MAR 18-20 - Mock Trial State Finals
*Tickets required for most performances
IS SANTA SU RIGHT FOR YOU?
- Smaller student body than most comprehensive high schools
- Supportive and friendly staff
- A culture of motivated learners
- Welcoming, connected, and kind student body
- High-level, relevant, and rigorous learning experiences
- Certify between one or more of 20 different courses of study/pathways.
- Programs in science and technology that are unmatched.
- A visual and performing arts program like no other
- We offer 37 different Advanced Placement and Honors Courses
Below are just a few of our programs of interest.
- ROBOTICS - Competes at the state level
- PRE-MEDICAL ACADEMY - Hands-on, real-world experiences
- ENTREPRENEURSHIP - It's a business
- MOCK TRIAL - Nationally ranked team (Video)
- VOCAL/CHOIR - Nationally recognized
- THEATER - Broadway style musicals
- PRODUCTION & MANAGERIAL ARTS - Students run the Performing Arts Center
- DIGITAL GRAPHICS - A nationally recognized academy
- DANCE - Recognized by the state as a program of excellence
- INSTRUMENTAL - High honors at regional festivals
- TV/VIDEO/FILM- Work closely with industry professionals
- BROADCASTING- New video from our KSSH News.
- EXPLORE WEBSITE FOR MANY MORE PROGRAMS AND ACADEMIES
TAKE A TOUR AND LEARN MORE
We'd like to invite you and your family to tour our campus and talk with our administrative team. We have tours scheduled for the dates listed below.
Please allow for one hour to complete the tour. Starting times will either be 8:30am or 9:00am depending on the selected day.
UPDATE: Due to the circumstances surrounding the Omicron variant we have decided to cancel the Road Show assembly at the middle schools.
Each year our staff and students put together a traveling showcase for our SVUSD middle schools called the SSHS Road Show. This year, our Road Show will visit Hillside Middle School on January 11, Valley View Middle School on January 13, and Sinaloa Middle School on January 14th. This is a mini version of the SSHS Showcase that will be held at SSHS on February 8th.
SSHS SHOWCASE - February 8th
We would like to invite all interested families to our SSHS Showcase when we will have all of our teachers and student clubs available to meet incoming families. Each of our departments will be showcasing their programs and learning experiences. Families will get a chance to talk with teachers, students, and staff from our Performing Arts, Visual Arts, Engineering Sciences, Mock Trial, and many more.
FEBRUARY 8th at 5:15pm
More specific details will be shared no later than the week before the event. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the school.
We look forward to connecting with you!
SCHOOL OF CHOICE- HOW IT WORKS!
- Take a tour (not required).
- Attend the SSHS Showcase on February 8th
- Complete the School of Choice Application on our website. This is due by February 28th.
- Families will be notified by March 4th of their acceptance.
- Once accepted, complete the Enrollment Packet.
- For students not currently in a SVUSD school, click here to learn more about steps to complete.
- If interested in Performing Arts, visit link for information.
- Once accepted, attend Future Troubadour Day on March 8th. Students will be provided more information about next steps and course registration. Information and details will be sent home to accepted students.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Absolutely, all students are welcome. We have students attend from all three middle schools, as well as transfers from private schools and outside of the district. Please complete the School of Choice application before February 28th.
2. I live outside Simi Valley. How do I enroll in SSHS?
- For out-of-district applicants, an inter-district permit from the district of residence will be required at the March registration night. Therefore, parents should apply for this permit upon acceptance to SSHS.
3. If the school is at capacity how does SSHS determine admission for acceptance?
- Should we receive more applications than there are spaces available, a lottery will be conducted to determine acceptance.
4. Do I have to be in Performing or Visual Arts to attend?
- No. We offer nationally and state recognized programs in academics, such as Mock Trial, Robotics, as well as visual and technological arts. We offer certifications in a number of our academies in STEM.
5. If I go to Hillside am I automatically enrolled in SSHS for the 2022-2023 school year?
- No. All students who are interested in attending SSHS must complete the School of Choice Application.
6. Does SSHS have a Pre-med Academy?
- Yes. Click this link for more information.
7. If I complete the School of Choice Application after February 28th will I still be able to attend SSHS?
- Families who complete the School of Choice Application after the due date can still be accepted to attend. Their acceptance status would be contingent on space available after that point in time. The application has a timestamp when completed. Students will be placed on a waitlist in the order the application is submitted after February 28th.
8. My son/daughter would like to play sports, does SSHS offer any athletic programs?
- SSHS does not have sports. Two years of Physical Education is required. Students can satisfy this requirement through traditional PE, dance, yoga, or entertainment ensemble band class.
9. What clubs does SSHS offer for students to join?
- A full list of Student Clubs can be found on our website.
10. Who do I contact if I have questions about a specific program, club, or academy on campus?
11. How do we support students who need additional help?
- There are a number of ways we do this. Many of which take place in the classroom. Academic and Career Exploration (ACE) is built in time during the bell schedule for teachers to work with students. In addition, we offer peer tutoring everyday after school.
12. What is the bell schedule at SSHS?
- The Bell Schedule can be found here.
Mr. Matt Guzzo - Principal
Mrs. Aimee Spurbeck-Boian - Assistant Principal
Mrs. Teri Hypes - Office Manager
SSHS COUNSELING DEPARTMENT
Ms. Shannon McCabe - 9th Grade
Ms. Devyn Thompson - 10th-12th Grades - Last Name A-F
Mrs. Lisa Hotz - 10th-12th Grades - Last Name G-N
Ms. Kelsey McMahon - 10th-12th Grades - Last Name O-Z
Mrs. Sue Petralia- Student Registrar