THE INS AND OUTS OF GROVES ELEMENTARY
Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
As partners in your child's education, we need your help with some of these safety processes. Here's how:
1) NO CELL PHONES are to be used in school zones. Not only is this for everyone's safety, it's the law.
2) Carpool is available for any car with 3 or more students. You can pick up a BLUE plaque from the front office or request one when entering the line. Carpool picks up on the gym side of the building. We kindly ask you wait to enter this line until AFTER 3:35. This allows district buses to load and start their routes. Send your child's teacher an email updating their dismissal plans.
3) Unloading: please take a few minutes to talk to and teach your child about the following: be ready to exit the vehicle- have their shoes on, belongings ready to go, and unbuckled. If your child can't unbuckle themselves, we kindly ask you park and assist them with this.
4) Right Side of the vehicle: if possible, please arrange the seating so your child can load and unload on the right side of the vehicle.
5) If you would like to park in the front visitors lot please make you sure you walk your child across the crosswalk to ensure their safety. We kindly request you do not park in the staff lot to make sure we have enough parking spots for our staff and special ed parents.
We are working hard to enhance our efficiency with arrival and dismissal practices. Each day, we are faster and improving. We appreciate your support!
Store bought birthday treats and/or drinks (no goodie bags please)
If you need to pick up your child early bring your ID to the front office. Early checkouts can be anytime before 2:45.
School starts at 7:55 AM and tardy bell rings at 8:00 AM. Tardies will begin next week.
District Bus Routes
Gifted and Talented Program
Gifted and Talented Referral Meeting
August 29, 2019 – 6:00 pm
Eggers Instructional Support Center
4810 Magnolia Cove Dr, Kingwood, TX 77345
Learn more about the characteristics of gifted children and the Humble ISD identification process. This session is ideal for parents/guardians of students in grades K-11.