Crestwood School District updates - weeks of June 8 - 18
Looks like we made it! Last day of school was Thursday June 11!
This was absolutely the most eventful year of
our careers and lives!
Congratulations to all for your sweat, perseverance, and dedication to improving yourself
amongst adversity from start to end!
Stay tuned for details on the next steps as we plan for our return in September 2020!
Congratulations 2020 Graduates!
On behalf of the Crestwood Secondary Campus I offer my sincere thanks to all for your support of our Class of 2020! Our graduation ceremony was a spectacular event to honor a group of seniors that have managed to persevere through the adversity of COVID-19.
This monumental event was a success because of the tremendous support of a very large and diverse group of folks. My list of contributors is extensive and in no particular order ...
- The nuts and bolts team of Mary Leo, Amanda Zavacky, Liz Walck, Kathleen Venesky, Scott Brumagin and the entire custodial/maintenance team, Piero Sassu, David Feller, Damien Blanchard, Stephanie Otero, Christy Laubach, Lori Rozitski, and Bob Mehalick that pulled resources together from all walks of life to make this event beautiful! Well done!
- Our community sponsors Zodiac Printing, Wright Twp Police & Fire Companies, Crestwood Secondary PTA Lock In committee, Cavanaugh’s Restaurant, Metz Food Services, Lifetouch photographers that donated banners, water, time, photo’s and gift cards to our graduates.
- Darlene Kellner who flew her plane streaming a banner - “Congrats Class of 2020” over our campus during the procession!
- Our staff, families, parents and community that lined Rt. 309 with signs and made the procession a party!
- WYLN, Mountain Productions, Citizens Voice, the Times Leader, The Hazleton Standard-Speaker, The Eagle, and Mountain Peaks for the media coverage!
- Our teachers and administrators that rolled up their sleeves and helped direct traffic, hand out programs, or just offered smiles and thumbs up on Facebook!
- Our Board of Education and Superintendent that supported our team at every step of the way!
- The members of our Band and Cheerleader Squad for adding spirit to the afternoon
- Superintendent Brian Uplinger from the Hazleton Area School District for the loan of flags and the bridge!
- ... and there are probably others that I am forgetting ...!
Needless to say the words THANK YOU are not enough, just know that every little thing made a big difference for the class of 2020, and the effort is greatly appreciated!
Well Done all! Mrs. Foster
Rice Elementary Celebrations! JUNE 5
Celebration parades honoring 6th grade students @ Kindergarten students
Fairview Elementary Celebrations June 11!
Final report cards will be posted soon!
Is your child turning 5 yrs old by Sept 1, 2020? Here are details for 2020-2021 Kindergarten Registration
Packets for Kindergarten registration are available online:
MISSED THE PACKET RETURN nights? No worries, Please complete all sections of the registration packet, make copies of residency, immunizations, and birth certificate.
Registrations are still being accepted at Crestwood Secondary Campus and at our two satellite lunch sites Monday & Wed from 11A - 1P @
White Haven Library
Slocum Twp Fire Hall
Any required documents can also be scanned and e-mailed to:
Fairview : Sue Kaminski 570-550-4298 Susanne.Kaminski@csdcomets.org
Rice: Maryellen McFarland 570-550-4509 Maryellen.McFarland@csdcomets.org
There will be a Kindergarten Orientation program scheduled @ each school building in the
fall prior to school starting to answer your FAQ's.
Planning for next school year is underway!
Please click the link below to access a survey regarding the
2020-2021 school year.
We ask that you please take a moment and provide us your input.
All responses are confidential and will be used for planning purposes only.
How about all of those school books that my secondary campus students have at home?
- When we schedule our 2020 - 2021 school year locker set up days, we will collect last year's books then.
- If you are a graduating senior, are moving out of the District, or just want to return them now please email email@example.com to make arrangements.
Borrowed a Chromebook? No worries, use it this summer to keep your brain active and we will make arrangements in August to collect them if need be.
Are the school offices open this summer?
All school buildings and administration offices will be open with summer hours
starting starting June 22.
Hours are 8AM - 2PM Monday - Thursday
All buildings will be closed on Friday’s
Need to contact us? Here is a list of phone numbers for our office staff!
Have a question? Call us - we can help!
Maryellen McFarland: (570) 550-4509 (Rice)
Susanne Kaminsky: (570) 550-4298 (FV)
Kathleen Venesky: (570) 706-5862 (SC Grades 7th– 9th)
Liz Walck: (570) 550-4230 (SC Grades 10th– 12th)
Sue Johnson: (570) 550-3861 (Student Services/Guidance Office 7th– 12th)
Tracy Cormier: (570) 550-4243 (Special Education)
At this time, the PA Department of Health/Division of Immunizations have not made any changes to current immunization guidelines or dates. This is a kindly reminder to contact your child’s physician over the summer to plan accordingly for upcoming immunization mandates. There have been NO changes to the immunization requirements for entry to 2020-2021 school year. As additional information and guidance from the PA DOH is released we communicate those changes to you.
Click this link for the full list of requirements:
If you have questions, please reach out to your school nurse for support.
Don't go hungry! Breakfast, lunch, and Food Bank support is here to help!
Crestwood Food Service will be continuing food service to
families in need @ 3 locations in the District
11:00 AM - 1:00 PM Monday & Wednesday’s
providing breakfast & lunch meals
See flyer above for locations
Crestwood now hosting TWO - FREE Weinburg Food Bank
drop offs monthly!
July 1, 2020 is the next distribution
to be added to our list
Parents - Need help connecting with services? Our guidance counselors can point you in the right direction.
Fairview Elementary: Mrs. Berti email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rice Elementary: Mrs. Major email: email@example.com
Secondary Campus 7 & 8: Mr. Sorber email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Secondary Campus last name A - G: Mrs. Hischak email: email@example.com
Secondary Campus last name H - O: Mr. Heintzelman email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Secondary Campus last name P - Z: Mrs. Womelsdorf email: email@example.com
CSD Board of Directors meetings are streamed LIVE on Facebook!
6:30 PM - JUNE 18, 2020 - viewable on our Facebook page
4:00 PM August 13, 2020
6:30 PM August 20, 2020