Legal Drinking Age
Why should the legal drinking age be lowered?
Average Drinking Age
- In fifty countries the drinking age is lower than 18
- In twelve countries it is higher than 18
- The average drinking age listed is 15.9 years old
Drinking in the "Old Days"
- There were not many drinking laws "back in the day"
- Laws were based on the percentage of alcohol within the drinks
Petitions Against the Legal Drinking Age
- Many petitions taken to lower the drinking age
- Some just for military
- Others for the country as one
Responsibilities at 18 years old
- Right to smoke
- Get married
- Serve in a jury
- Be prosecuted as an adult
- Join the military