Kathryn C. Cole
Library Media Specialist - B.A., M.L.S, NBCT
Today's school librarians are...
- Collaborating with teachers to integrate technology and literacy skills into the common core curriculum;
- Keeping students engaged by increasing technology use in the classroom;
- Creating programs that open students up to the enjoyment of reading for pleasure;
- Selecting and providing resources for a range of reading levels and formats that help with differentiating instruction;
- Discussing Internet safety and responsibility with students who live in a seemingly limitless online environment.
- Extending library programs into the school community to create a culture where students become lifelong learners.
I am a 21st-Century School Library Media Specialist. I am happy to be a part of your team! Click here to view my resume and cover letter.
My Library Program At A Glance...
Please explore the following information to learn a bit more about my program.
Program Information - click here to read about my program.
Library Blog - click here to read about our library happenings.
Library Webpage - click here to explore the website I created to provide digital access to resources and information.
Collaborative Unit Examples
Kindergarten All About Me unit - click here to see an example of a unit planning document created with classroom teachers during their PLC planning block.
Fourth grade NC Regions project - click here to see a project framework I created for students and teachers based on a unit planned together on the NC Regions.
First grade character study using Ezra Jack Keats writing as mentor text. Students evaluated two of Keats' book characters and wrote stories detailing what would happen if those characters spent the day at FPG. Click here to see the digital product.
Third grade collaborative biography unit - click here to see an example of the end product using Glogster as the tool (this was a dual language class so the information is in Spanish).
Readathon - our school's biggest fundraiser - click here.
Poem In Your Pocket Day - click here.
Promoting our new library books - click here.
Digital Genre Booktalks (Fantasy) - click here.
Thank you letter from the Governor.
Article in the Chapel Hill News about our library guest readers during Read-A-Thon.
An article from the Chapel Hill News the first year we transformed our library during Read-A-Thon.