By Cassie Otradovec
- Your laptop should have the same anti-virus, anti-spyware, and firewall protection that your home computer has.
- Never give out your real name, any personal information when you’re in a public chat room
- Don’t trust adds on the sides they could have been put there by people who want your information.
- People who work on the Internet should never ask for passwords.
- Realize that everything you read or see on the Internet may not be true.
Not all dangers in the digital world are high-tech.
While you're sitting focused on what you are doing, a snoop could literally be looking over your shoulder with hope that you might reveal a username, password, or credit card number.