Parent Panther Press
Growing Responsible Panthers, TOGETHER
NOVEMBER IS...NATIVE AMERICAN HERITAGE MONTH AND FAMILY ENGAGEMENT MONTH
WE ARE THANKFUL FOR OUR GRP FAMILY
November is a month where we take time to reflect upon all the things we are thankful for. It is important that we reach out to those around us and let them know why they are important to us. Please know that GRP is very thankful for our Little Panthers, families, staff, school, community, and commitment to partner with each other. Together, we make a great team!
- October 19 - Impact Aid Program Survey Date
- October 20 - Bus Driver Appreciation Day
- October 22 - Early Release Day for Elementary Only (Dismissal @ 12:04 PM)
- October 28- Dress as Book Character Day
- October 28- Trunk or Treat - All students following lunch
- October 29 - Fall Picture Day (Individual Pictures)
- November 1 - Teacher Workday (Calendar Adjustment)
- November 2 - Virtual Student Learning Day (Students Learn From Home)
- November 5 - End of Grading Period (1st Quarter)
- November 5 - Early Release Day/Teachers Records Day (Dismissal @ 12:04 PM)
- November 11 - Veterans' Day Holiday (No School)
- November 16 - PTA General PTA Meeting (Virtual @ 6:00 PM)
- November 18 - 1st Quarter Report Cards Go Home
- November 24 - Early Release Day (Dismissal @ 12:04 PM)
- November 25 - Thanksgiving Holiday (No School)
- November 26 - Thanksgiving Holiday (No School)
- November 30 - Make-Up Picture Day
Impact Aid cards will go home on October 19, 2021. They are due back on the following day. It is essential that you complete these cards as information obtained will be used to provide our school district will additional funds. Be certain to sign, date and completely fill out your card. No card will arrive prior to October 19, 2021. Thank you so much for your assistance in this matter.
PARENT AND TEACHER CONFERENCES
Thank you for partnering with us as we support our Little Panthers together. Please know that teachers will be contacting parents and guardians very soon to schedule 1st quarter conferences.
CALENDAR ADJUSTMENT - NOV. 1
Recently, the School Board approved an adjustment to our school calendar. With board action, November 1st will now be a teacher workday.
VIRTUAL STUDENT LEARNING DAY - NOV. 2
November 2nd is a Virtual Student Learning Day, where students will be learning from home instead of at school. Teachers will be providing their virtual schedule to parents and guardians soon.
SCHOOL BUS HUB APP NOW AVAILABLE
Chesapeake Public Schools is now using the School Bus Hub App to provide families with the ability to track their children’s school bus to their designated bus stops. The School Bus Hub Parent App is a secure, online portal for parents. Once families sign up, they can receive real time bus location information. If you are interested in getting your child’s school bus location information, you can sign up in the app or a web browser. More information and directions to create your account are available on our district's Transportation website. Please note, last minute bus changes may cause delays to your child’s bus information.
CHANGE TO QUARANTINE PROTOCOL
CHANGE TO QUARANTINE PROTOCOL
The School Board recently made a change to quarantine protocol. When quarantine is necessary, students and staff will be able to return to school after ten days if they have no symptoms. Previously, a negative test was required for return after ten days; this is no longer necessary.
If your child is sick, please keep him or her home so that all of our Little Panthers and staff stay healthy and safe. Also, please let your child’s teacher know the reason for the absence.
Book Character Day/ Trunk or Treat
Trunk or Treat
Thanksgiving Boxes : November 8 - 19
If you have not already done so, we encourage you join our PTA. We truly value partnering with our families.