Anderson Weekly News 2/18/20
The Sky's the Limit!
Dates To Remember
- Fri. Feb. 21st End of 2nd Semester
- Fri. Feb. 21st Foxes Family Fun Night 6:30 - 8:00 PM
- Tues. Feb. 25th 1st Grade and 3rd Grade Music Performance 6:00 - 8:00 PM
- Fri. Feb. 28th Teacher Work Day No School
- Fri. Feb. 28th Fiddle Fest (See below for time and location)
- Tues. Mar. 3rd Mod Pizza Dine Out Night
- Wed. Mar. 4th HAC opens at 8 AM
- Thurs. Mar. 5th Last After School Club
- Thurs. Mar. 5th PTO Meeting 6:00 - 7:30 PM
- Thurs. Mar. 19th One School One Book Family Event 6:00 - 7:30 PM
- Fri. Mar. 20th St. Baldricks at St. Charles East H. S.
- Mon. Mar. 30 - Fri. Apr. 3rd Spring Break-No School
- Mon. Apr. 6th School Resumes
- Tues. Apr. 7th - Fri. Apr. 17th IAR (State) Testing for 3rd, 4th and 5th Grade
Click below to learn about and sign up for the Anderson Wild Fox Run Club! (3rd - 5th Grade Boys and Girls)
Click below to learn about how we as a school community plan to support St. Baldricks. Let's meet our goal so Mr. Jarot has to wear a Leprechaun Costume and paint his hair green at school.
The Anderson Talent Show is going to be bigger and better than ever. Click below to get all the needed info.
News From the Anderson PTO
Foxes Family Fun Night- HELP NEEDED!
It's time to ORDER YOUR YEARBOOK!
District 303 Parent University Video Vault
Dear District 303 families,
When we asked parents to tell us what kind of programming they wanted as part of our Parent University series, many asked us to produce videos that can be watched in the comfort of their own homes and on their own schedules. In that same survey, parents requested information about how Project Lead the Way has enhanced student learning in classrooms from kindergarten through high school. As stories of underage vaping continue to permeate the news, parents are also looking for strategies they can use to begin conversations with their children about the dangers.
The District 303 Video Vault has two new videos – one about Project Lead the Way and the other one about vaping. We hope that the Project Lead the Way video gives you some questions to ask your child about the skills he or she has learned in PLTW. We also encourage you to watch the video about vaping with your children and talk to them about the health risks and dangers associated with it.
It’s Fiddle Fest time!
All advanced elementary, middle school and high school orchestra students in D303, and their friends, can participate! We will be playing a variety of alternative styles of music. There will also be a pizza party for musicians only, raffle, and fantastic guest performers. This is a highly anticipated event and one that your musician will not want to miss!
To help you get an idea of what Fiddle Fest is like, please watch the video of 2019 Fiddle Fest's performance of the song "Bile Em' Cabbage Down".
Parents, older siblings and friends who play guitar, banjo, mandolin or a string instrument are also invited to join us!
Here are the details:
Date: Friday, February 28, 2020
Place: East HS Varsity Gym ( 1020 Dunham Rd. St Charles, 60174 )
Dress Rehearsal: 5:00 – 6:00 pm. Arrival time: 4:30 pm to tune!
Pizza Dinner: 6:00 pm. (For all participants and volunteers)
Festival Performance: 7:00 pm
In order to plan adequately for this event and to have a sufficient amount of food, we MUST have an accurate count of all participants. Please register online by Thursday, February 20th using this link: 2020 Fiddle Fest Registration Link