AIM HIGH-BELIEVE IN MYSELF-CELEBRATE LEARNING
ALL CERTIFIED STAFF...
Beginning on Thursday, October 15 the AdvancED Survey website will be open. We need 100% of our certified staff to complete this survey before November 9th. The results of this survey will be public information about our school.
Thank you in advance
Behavior Referral Process:
- Team Meeting- should include teacher, parent, administration, counselor, and other possible supports that student is receiving currently.
- Begin Tier process for Behavior concerns- classroom interventions, with monitoring data (minimum of 4-6 weeks for tier one).
- Continued behavior concerns, or if behaviors escalate, and previous steps have occurred, then make referral to Behavior Support Team (see form on webpage staff resources).
- 2nd Team meeting, progression of tier (tier 2 and possibly implementing FBA/BIP for student). Possible connection to Family Preservation Team or outside agency for support services.
- Behavior Support Team reviews plan and determines need to refer to county Behavioral Specialist for additional support.
NORTH STUDENTS SHADOW TEACHERS FOR THE DAY
Calendar of Events
Monday October 12
Muddy Sneakers (Rhodes & Robertson)
Tuesday, October 13
Admin Meeting (Rudi)
Outdoor Ed Fifth Grade
Wednesday, October 14
Half Day Planning Third Grade
Student meeting for Robotics
Thursday, October 15
Friday, October 16
Half Day Planning Second Grade
Monday, October 19 BULLY PREVENTION WEEK
Crazy Hat/Hair Day
Half Day Planning Kindergarten
Tuesday, October 20
Half Day Planning First Grade
Wednesday, October 21
UNITY DAY wear orange
Half Day Planning Fourth Grade
Testing Meeting (Rudi) @ Mills River
Thursday, October 22
Spirit Day Wear Black and Gold
End of First Grading Period
Friday, October 23
Max Thompson (Brackett & Rudi)
*********Upcoming Event: GRADES DUE TO OFFICE OCT 26TH BY 4:00 PM
HOMEWORK LAB IS BOOMING
Bullying Prevention Week- October 19th-22nd
Kindness Poetry Board- Have your students create a Hiaku or poem focusing on Kindness, since this is Bullying Prevention awareness month. Turn your students’ poems into Ms. Laite to display on bulletin board in school.
Bullying Prevention Poster Contest- Individual students are invited to create a poster showing some awareness towards kindness and this month’s bullying prevention. NHHS students will select a winner from each grade level, on October 22nd on the following categories: Art expression, creativity, and composition/writing. Student winners will be announced on Monday morning, and come down to the front office for the prize box.
Video Skit- EDN Peer Leadership Team will collaborate with NHHS students to create a bullying awareness skit. Staff and students can then watch skit at their convenience on the t drive.
Themed Days: Monday- Crazy Hat/Hair day, Tuesday-Mismatch day, Wednesday- Unity Day- Wear Orange to recognize national day of awareness and/or Superhero -can purchase orange ribbons in cafeteria to show unity.
Thursday- Spirit Day- Black and Gold (black out bullying); Facepainting will occur