Volume 2, Issue 21
Continue to love kids and make a difference!
Our Week At A Glance
- Advisory - Grade Check, Binder Check, & WOW
- CTHS Ranger Showcase / 6:30 - 8:00 (for current 8th grade students)
- CPAC / 3:45 - 4:45 / Large Conference Room
- TELPAS Calibration
- Tennis vs WMS / @ WMS /4:00
- Elisha / District Meeting / AM
- Advisory - Club
- AP Lead Hosted at EW / 12:30 - 3:30
- Pre-UIL Choir Contest @ SHS / 7th & 8th Grade / After School
- ELAR GVC's w/ Julie Vu
- Camp Goddard Parent Mtg. / Library / 5:30 - 7:30
- Advisory - Science STAAR Nugget
- Choir Clinic for Advanced Girls / during 6th and 7th period
- Advisory - Lions Quest
- Elisha / District Meeting / All Day
- CTHS Charmers Recruiting during 7th & 8th Lunches
- Advisory - Planner Check & WOW
- Elisha and Christie / District Meeting / AM
If you believe in New Years Resolutions...How are they going for you? For me, not so well. Enjoy!
Calling all Badger Staff Creators and Innovators: Do you have a hobby you'd like to share with students? Are you down with technology? Do you like to take things apart and see how they work? Our future library makerspace, the Badger Collaboratory, needs your help! If you're interested in sharing your ideas and expertise, please see Corrina Peters. We have money and community members willing to support our vision but we need talented teachers and staff to help us!
- I can't thank you enough for simply thanking me for your valentines day treats! I truly hope you enjoyed the special treat. I'm glad you're in my school!
- Lions Quest is continuing to be impressed with the work we are doing here on our campus. They provide us with valuable feedback that will help us as we continue to implement this program. It is important that you are prepared for your lesson and you do not read straight from the book. Tapping in to a personal connection with the lesson you are teaching is beneficial to our students and helps us to strengthen the relationships we are building. Remember the 30/70 rule where students are talking more and teachers are talking less. We are seeing many positive things that we want to continue to see more of a shift from "I have to do Lions Quest to I GET to do Lions Quest!" I appreciate the work each of you are doing to build and shape the character of our students!
Important Upcoming Dates
- 2/22 - Instructional Rounds- Great volunteer learning opportunity during your conference
- 2/22 - One Act Play Performance for Staff / Cafeteria / 4:30
- 2/22 - Tennis vs. HMS / @ HMS / 4:00
- 2/22 - Band Rehearsal / 3:30 - 6:00
- 2/23 - One Act Play Public Performance / Cafeteria / 6:30
- 2/23 - Academic Team vs. Wayside / @ Wayside / 4:00
- 2/25 - Band Skating Party / Rollerland West / 4:00 -7:00
- 2/26 - Early Release @ 12:30 / Campus Professional Development in Library
- 2/26 - UIL Competition / Creekview
- 2/27 - UIL Competition / Creekview / 8:00 am
- 3/7 - Open House/Showcase 6:00 - 7:30 & Counselors Parent Mtg. 7:30 - 8:00
- Tywanna Jones & Heather Rush - Thank you for making plans to continue to build relationships with your students during Lions Quest by choosing to teach your lesson on Wednesday because you have a district training that will keep you from teaching it on Thursday!
- Ashley Velasco, Jen Fifer, Jen Mobley, Laura Ortiz, and Skylar Mobley - Thank you for taking care of a huge project for our campus!
- Dawn Reynolds - Thank you for being creative with planning and finding additional time to meet with some of our struggling readers!
- Brady Blair - Thank you for being a team player!
- Karen Walters - Thank you for your ongoing support and help with the 504 paperwork!
- Anthony Valle - Thank you for your willingness to open up your classroom and share your Lions Quest lesson with others!
- Christie Warden - Thank you again for working hard to make our benchmark process smooth for all!
- Gayatri Pandit - Thank you for your Quad D lessons you are sharing during PLC's!
- Amy Huddleston, Katie Munk, Jen Fifer, and Ashley Velasco - Thank you for helping out in lunches!
- Meredith Walling, Moe Peressim, Maria Galarza, Christina Franklin, and Sandra Reid - Thank you for your persistence, creativity, and love for our SI kids!
- Karen Walters, Kayla Bradford, and Jen Fifer - Thank you for covering classes when we are short on guest teachers!
- Jen Mobley - Thank you for seeking ways to improve our systems in the front office!
- Corrina Peters - Thank you for providing speed dating with books for our 8th graders in our library!