St. Croix Central High School
Staff Newsletter: September 23, 2019
Our Vision of Learning
In full support of our district mission and vision, we at SCC High School are committed to...
Creating a learning experience built on creativity, choice, efficiency, and engagement, resulting in high-achieving and creative problem-solvers who take intellectual risks to discover the world around them and maximize their potential.
**WE PUT STUDENTS FIRST**
We Have the Power to...
- SERVE others
- show EMPATHY
- LIFT others UP
Preparing for a Substitute Teacher
Please take care of the following
- Please provide an up-to-date roster in your subfolder.
- If you switch rooms throughout the day please make a clear note in that regard.
- Most importantly, provide very detailed plans. This helps to put our subs at ease and certainly makes the day go better for everyone.
Thanks for your assistance and professionalism.
MORNING GREETERS: PEAM
Monday, September 23
9:30 am - 10:00 am - Main Office Meeting
Tuesday, September 24
7:30 am - 7:55 am - BLT Meeting
Wednesday, September 25
7:35 am - 7:55 am - Content PLC
Lunch Periods - Junior & Senior Q/A (all students are welcome)
- w/ Kurt, Jason, Tracy, & Travis (Community Ed. Room)
Thursday, September 26
7:35 am - 7:55 am - PBIS Meeting (Large Conference Room)
Friday, September 27
7:30 am - 3:30 pm - All Staff PD
What are we working on?
In response to a situation earlier this year we have worked with Chad to create a speed dial option for emergency situations only.
How will it work?
- An emergency situation takes place (medical or security)
- Press the speed dial titled "EMERGENCY"
- 6 phones will ring with a very unique ring and the screen will display "EMERGENCY". Someone will answer.
- (main office - 3, counseling office - 1, Kurt & Jason's offices)
**more details to come as the system is put into place**
SHOUTOUTS & CELEBRATIONS
Thank you for your outstanding effort, kindness, excellence, and selflessness.
- Carole Scheder & Chris Buckel - Homecoming leadership was amazing. Great work!
- Jerry Wold - Thanks for keeping the air on in school this week. #pitout
- Emily Wech - She works tirelessly to help our ELL students. Your time is appreciated.
- High School Staff - Participated in dress-up days, way to go!!!
- Travis Madigan - Had his first experience at Skit night. Seemed to be impressed!
- Ty Ketz - Lunchtime jokes.....they are the greatest. Dani would love them!!!
- Emily Wech - Cleaning out the coffee pot.
- Emily Wech - Sharing lots of materials and helping me out whenever I need.
- Randall Pfeifer - Making time to support skit and lipsync practices. Great production
- Tracy Klein - Organizing the jersey day for staff, looked awesome!
- Rachel Hanson - Thanks for the Panther coffee shop! Love it!
- Tracy Klein - For organizing jerseys for everyone on Thursday
- Pam Stave - For being an overall awesome person and bringing a smile to so many faces!
- OUR SCC STAFF - Even though skit night can get after certain people, I appreciate you all, and I wouldn't want to be a part of any other group than ours.
- Pam Stave - Going out of her way to washing and make old jersey's smell nice enough to wear for HC dress-up
- Chris Deno - Helping me get the GPAs for all of my Youth Apprenticeship students in a timely basis.
- Jerry Wold - Hanging the beautiful new banners in the gym.
- Ryan Wood - Helping me find a program that allows my ya mentors to schedule a meeting with me
- CTE PLC peeps - Helped hand out homecoming shirts and finding the students who forgot which grade they were in
- Tracie Crowley, Gretchen Rozeboom, Courtney Hawkins, Garret Wenzel - Helped fulfill hundreds of t-shirt orders to students during a crazy homecoming week!
- Tracy Klein, Pam Stave, and coaches - Thanks for getting jerseys ready for Thursday!
- All Panther Perkers - THANK YOU SO MUCH for the full support during our first full week of the coffee shop! We are so thankful for your patience, purchases, and positive remarks!
- Gretchen and the FFA - Thanks for opening the concessions during Powder Puff! The free teacher popcorn was a nice treat! :)
- The lunch ladies - Providing a fun and delicious homecoming cookout!
- Jerry, Martha, Nate, and Jeanette - Thank you for helping with the boxes! I appreciate it!!!
- Rachel Hanson - I am loving and appreciating the inclusive opportunities you are encouraging and supporting for our ID students! Your impact is being felt, keep it up!
- ELA/SS/Dani - Brought in Homecoming treats! They were delicious!
- Rachel Hanson - Keeping the Panther Perks place up and running!
- Carole Scheder - Survived her first Homecoming like a boss! Great work this week!
- Dani Wollberg - Made sure there were treats that those of us with food intolerances/allergies can eat for snacks :)
- Carol Scheder - Way to go with Homecoming Week! #rookierockstar
- Everyone involved in Homecoming - Awesome support, activities, sportsmanship, and having fun through building our culture!
- Sean Conway - The Marching Panthers were very good. Thanks for your vision and leadership.
- Jerry Wold - Worked hard to fix any and everything that we needed!! You are appreciated Jerry!!!
- Tovah Carson - Organizing a meeting about how we will use the FastBridge screening & intervention tool.
- Jenna Scheithauer - Everything. Jenna literally does everything, and I can’t thank her enough for her words of encouragement and support. You are the best!
- Chad Konsela - Helping to set up our emergency only speed dial plan.
Alternative Compensation Information
Below you will find an outstanding list of opportunities to join others in the pursuit of continuous growth as educators.
Here are the 2019-2020 Alternative Compensation In-District Course Offerings. You can begin coursework immediately upon registering, or in the near future, and some started in August already...just take a look at the requirements of the varied courses. Contact me, or the instructor of a course, with any questions you may have. The options have not changed since it was completed and sent to all staff on June 7th, and other dates throughout the summer, but some courses may not be available anymore.
Registration ends Sept. 29, 2019, and all coursework is due May 25, 2020.
Just for Fun
Please refer to these guidelines prior to your absence. p.s. we'll miss you!