The Starside Communication - April 15, 2016
Our lost and found is overflowing...
Please take a moment to stop by and see if you have items
before they are donated on April 25th.
- 22 - NO SCHOOL FOR ALL STUDENTS
- 28 - 5th Grade Music Program @ 7:00
- 29 - Coffee with Kris 9:00am
- 5/2-5/6 - Staff Appreciation Week
- 12 - Kindergarten Field Day 9:30-11:30
- 13 - Grades 1-5 Field Day 9:00 - 11:00 and 1:00 - 3:00
- 20 - Last Day of School!!
- Please send lunch money to school in an envelope with your child and teachers name.
- If you would like to eat lunch with your child, please call the SE office by 9:00am to order a school lunch. Of course, you are always welcome to bring your own lunch.
- Lunch prices--$2.25 student/$3.45 adult/$.50 extra milk/juice.
- Please report absences by 9:00am at 913-667-6279
- Online at http://bit.ly/1PtJPle
- If your child is absent and we have not received a message, we are required to call you or your emergency contacts.
- Extended absence form: If you will be taking your child out of school for more than 3 days, please complete an extended absence form. This gives your child's teacher plenty of notice to get homework together.
SE State Assessment Schedule Grades 3-5
4/19 - 4/21 Math Test @ 9:00 - 11:00
4/25 - 4/27 Math Test @ 10:00 - 12:00
50 cent Fridays for 5th Graders
The Student Nutrition Department is excited to announce this new cafeteria dining opportunity for all district 5th grade students as they prepare to enter middle school.
Beginning Friday, April 1, and continuing until the end of the school year, all 5th grade students will be eligible to participate in our "50 Cent Fridays" a la carte snack program. During their normal lunch period, students will be allowed to select from a limited number of items for sale in addition to their hot lunch or home lunch. The attached document provides additional details on how the program will work, the items that may be for sale and how to opt out if you do not wish for your student to participate. Students may bring cash/coins or you may add additional funds to your student's lunch account.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact your student's building kitchen manager or lead cashier. Thank you for the opportunity to serve your family!
Director of Student Nutrition
USD 232 De Soto
Counselor Crow's Variety Show
Pop tab update: We reached our Goal!!!!
WAY TO GO STARSIDE! We have officially reached out goal bringing in 75 POUNDS of pop tabs to donate to Ronald McDonald House. We have until the first week of May to bring in tabs so keep them coming!
USD 232 parents as teachers presents tap to togetherness. Follow link to find out more.
Click here to get more information. The pre-registration starts on April 7th. Please contact Laura Swoyer to pre-register: Lswoyer1@jccc.edu