October Newsletter for BCECC Families 🎃
MESSAGE FROM THE PRINCIPAL
October 16, 2023
Dear BCECC Families,
We have several days off along with many fun activities during the month of October. Please read this newsletter for all of the information.
Before/After School Schedule:
8:20 Doors Open
(Students will either go to the cafeteria for breakfast or Walk and Talk)-PreK goes to their classroom
8:40 Breakfast Ends
(Students should be at school by 8:35 if they wish to eat breakfast)
8:45 School Starts
3:40 Car Rider/Daycare Dismissal
3:45 Bus Rider Dismissal
You will find the following in this newsletter:
- Office Staff
- BCECC Student Handbook
- Counselor's Corner
- Mark Your Calendar
- Book Fair
- Red Ribbon Week
- October Menus
- 2023-2024 School Calendar
- Box Tops for Education
- K-5 Family Guides
My door is always open to each and every one of you. I welcome your ideas and feedback.
Thank you for trusting the staff of BCECC with your children.
Assistant Principal, BCECC
BCECC OFFICE (405) 387-3681
K-5 Family Links
October 9-October 19: Book Fair
- Coffee with the Counselor
- National Chocolate Cupcake Day
- Fire Safety
- Technology Safety for Parents with Office Adam Flowers
October 23-October 26:
- Red Ribbon Week
- Book Character Dress Up
Bridge Creek Public School’s mission is to create Growth opportunities that promote Resilience and Inspire Tenacity in every Bobcat! #grit
8:20 AM- Doors open and supervision begins.
8:20 AM- Breakfast begins
Sooner Road will be closed to through traffic from 8:05 AM to 8:45 AM on school days.
The busses will unload at the crosswalk inside the barricaded bus zone.
Car drop off traffic will be routed through the parking lots and students will exit at the cones indicated with green triangle on the map. Staff will be there to assist. Please have students sitting on the passenger side, if possible. Students may walk to either building from either lot safely by entry through the crosswalk.
Traffic through the lots will be one way in and one way out.
You may park in the center of the lot as usual. Follow one-way traffic flow.
Each morning, after the first day of school, students will go to the cafeteria for breakfast, or if they have already had breakfast they will go to the playground for walk and talk (please dress accordingly.)
Sooner Road will be closed to through traffic from 3:30 PM to 4:00 PM on school days.
- The busses will load at the crosswalk inside the barricaded bus zone. Bus riders will dismiss through designated doors with a staff member and will be escorted to their bus.
- LatchKey students will be escorted by staff to the cafeteria.
- Daycare students will be escorted by staff to the daycare vehicles.
- Car rider traffic will be routed through the parking lots. Procedures are to get out of your vehicle and walk up to the designated car rider pick up spot for your student and stand behind your student's grade level cone. Due to construction, the procedures have changed a little. Cones will be labeled with grades for parents to form a line. must have the student pick up card with you for staff to call your child's name from their class. If you don't have your card, then you will be directed to the office. Car Riders: Pick up will be on the east side of the BCECC building for PreK-1st and at the north doors for 2nd grade. The breezeway needs to remain clear (adults may walk through to get to where they are going, but please don't block or crowd the doorway.) This is to ensure safety for students.
- Any time your child is to go home a different way than normal, the office must be notified by 3:00 PM
All parents must have an I.D. when checking out.
Please remember students will have indoor recess if the heat index is 100 degrees or above or a windchill of 32 degrees or below, (otherwise, please dress your students accordingly to the weather.)
Please remember to label jackets, lunchboxes, and other personal items so they may be returned.
Health and Medicine
- Parents must complete a clinic form in order for prescription or non-prescription medication to be administered at school
- All medication must be brought to school by a parent/guardian. Do not send medication to school with a student.
- Students must be free of fever, vomiting or diarrhea for 24 hours without use of medication to return to be in school.
- If your child becomes ill at school, we will contact you immediately.
- If we cannot reach you, we will use the emergency contact information you have provided.