Weekly Updates for May 23 - 27, 2016
"When all is said and done, it's not the shots that won the championship that you remember, but the friendships you made along the way." --Unknown
As we are in this last week of school I think about the growth of our school. You have implemented 1:1 technology, standards based grading, project based learning, recalibrated in purposeful (rigorous curriculum design) planning and data teams. Some of you have began self paced learning. I could keep going. A culture of growth mindset and continuous improvement. The quote makes me think about our students as we send them out to the summer and the 7th graders on to the 8thgrade . We have worked hard to set them on the path to be college and career ready. Not only has there been tremendous growth in our students academic ability but also in their capacity to know that they can make a difference in the world. That is a direct result of you believing in them and developing those relationships. Our students will remember their time here because of you.
As we finish this week, focus on keeping students engaged in meaningful learning. BUT – take time to build that relationship. Complement those you may not have in the last few days, ask them about summer plans, talk with them. Just remember – finish what you started in August; engage through the last minute on the last day!
Just a reminder that Personalized Learning is here!! The schedule and registration link for the SCPS Personalized Learning Conference on July 27-August 1 is now published and accepting registrations.
- Just follow this LINK to see the offerings and register! Ms. Shields indicated that registration deadline was extended until June 10
- If you don't see what you need there, try this Professional Learning Site for regional offerings!
To support your planning please see the documents that were shared with in our EMS Personalized Learning folder. Amanda developed a great chart to support your thinking that aligns the TPGES framework with sessions and ideas. Part of your closing day will be to review your PGP thinking. See the planning sheet in the folder. This will make that part of the TPGES process off of your plate in the fall and you will already have the plan in motion.
Chromebook Roll In will begin Monday Morning!!
- 5th grade school tours - Clear Creek 8:45 a.m.; Heritage 12:30 p.m.
- Band and Chorus Assembly 2:30
Tuesday - Faculty Meeting @ 3:50
- Field Day - see email from Ms. Keiner-Rummel with schedule
- 8th grade - Big Picture School mtg during 1st period
- Club day during 1st period
- Talent Show 2:00
- 8th grade finals - periods1, 3, 5
- 7th grade awards 9:00 a.m.
- 6th grade awards 1:00 p.m.
- 8th grade finals- periods 2, 4, 6