Drug Awareness Poster Assignment
Drug Use and Mental Health Unit
Get creative and have fun making a Smore!
Your target audience are teenagers!
Learning goals for this assignment:
- To identify and describe the warning signs and symptoms of different substance misuse or abuse and addictions.
- To list and describe strategies to use when someone appears to be misusing legal or illegal drugs to ensure their well-being.
- To apply my health knowledge and living skills to make reasoned decisions and take appropriate actions in situations that could happen to teenagers to prevent harm to myself and others.
Here's what you need to include...
* Physical description of the drug (powder? leaf? tablet?)
* How it works on the body
* Identify 3 evident warning signs of drug use and abuse
* Minimum of 3 factors that increase the risk of drug use
* Physical effects on the user (3 physical, 3 social/emotional)
* Dangers that come from using the drug (3+)
* Ways to say no (2+)
* List strategies to use if you think someone may be misusing any type of drug
* At least one community resource to go to for help
* Minimum of 3 photos
* Min. of 1 link (could be a informational site, website where to get help, etc.)
* Audio clip (your choice what to include)
Health - Included some of the necessary information
Media - Smore lacks headings, use of nuggets, text boxes etc.
Health - Included most of the necessary information accurately
Media - Smore has clear headings and text to follow
Health - Included all necessary information accurately and clearly
Media - Smore is neat, organized, uses a variety of text forms to make it easy for reading. Met requirements for text features.
Health - Exceeded the required information to include with detail and precision
Media - Smore is neat, organized, eye-catching, creative, include a variety of features from Smore, variety of text forms for easy reading