for the week of March 13th
ALL TEACHERS MUST WEAR THEIR ID BADGE WITH SPARC CARD.
Message from the Principal
The school board expectation for all employees is that they will remain on campus all day once they have clocked in for work. ANY employee (Classified or Certificated) who needs to leave campus during the school day, is expected to 1) see an administrator about leaving campus and 2) sign-out in the white notebook in the office.
We are seeing TOO many students in the hallway without passes. ANY teacher who sends/allows a student out of class must provide the student with a written pass. There is no exception to this.
All teachers are required to monitor their students in the lunchroom as they go through the line and while at their lunch table. It is not the role of the lunchroom staff to monitor your students.
Unit plans must be up to date and posted in every classroom.
All teachers are required to communicate with parents if a student is in danger of failing their class before the end of the grading period. Sending letters home that are not returned do not count as a parent contact. Sending INOW print outs home that are not returned do not count as a parent contact. They will reflect positively on the teacher for attempts but without a response we have no way of verifying that the parent has received the information.
Keep in mind all teachers are required to administer at least one unit test every 4.5 weeks. We will be checking for these after progress reports. Documentation of RTI for these should be noted in the comment section of your gradebook. Unit tests in which a student makes less than a 60 must be retaught and re-assessed. The reassessment must occur during the nine weeks in which it originally administered. Accomodations that are implemented for an entire class do not qualify as examples of RTI or as interventions for PST. Students under 504 or an IEP may have different accommodations for assessments and these take precedent.
All teachers are required to have a substitute folder in their classroom complete with class rosters and emergency lessons. We understand that from time to time thing happen and a full blown lesson cannot be created to cover an absence so it is an imperative that emergency lessons are in the folder. We still have issues with finding enough substitutes and it really is not fair to any of your colleagues to have to create a lesson for your class when they end up having to cover.
Important Dates for the Week of March 13th
Do not forget to turn in Unit Assessments at the start of each unit.
- Mar 13th - Monthly NJHS Meeting after school
- Mar 13th - Boys and Girls Track Meet at Pelham High School
- Mar 13th - Football Parent Meeting in the competition gym - 6 PM
- Mar 14th - 3rd Nine Weeks Grades posted by teachers by noon. Grade Verification sheets will be issued.
- Mar 14th - No Faculty meetings this week. This date reserved for peer visits.
- Mar 14th - MyTime approved by 3 PM
- Mar 14th - Monthly Art Club Meeting after school
- Mar 14th - HMS Softball at Chelsea Middle
- Mar 14th - HMS Baseball at Calera Middle
- Mar 15th - Grade Verification sheets due by 8 AM
- Mar 15th - HMS Golf vs McAdory at Bentbrook Country Club
- Mar 16th - HMS Softball at Chelsea Middle (yes they are both away)
- Mar 16th - HMS Baseball at Chelsea Middle (yes both teams are playing the same school away on the same day)
- Mar 17th - 5th Grade Tour of HMS
- Mar 17th - HMS Baseball vs Riverchase at Bud Newell
- Mar 17th - Grades posted by 3 PM
- Mar 18th - HMS Clean-Up