Week Thirty-Four - May 23rd
A Weekly Staff Bulletin
Thank you for your hard work with SBAC Math - we have almost completed all make-ups for the math tests. I will still be pulling kids throughout this week but we have a very good chunk of the students completed - thank you.
This week is ELA. You will have a new brightly colored sheet in your mailbox tomorrow morning. Please make sure you turn in on a nightly basis so we can track those who need to make-up. **NOTE - students need headphones for the ELA test. I have pace-called for students to bring their own as we do not have enough for everyone but if you have students who forget, we will be selling headphones in the office for $1 and the students can keep them.
ALSO - BEAUTIFICATION DAY WAS AWESOME! So many Serrano families showed up to help and you will see all of the amazing updates the second you walk on campus tomorrow morning. Tropical Plaza Nursery - our neighboring nursery - donated over $5000 worth of plants, supplies and labor and they were AMAZING. We will be taking "Thank You" letters and pictures from our students to them on Wednesday and Friday, if you have time, please have your students write or draw and drop off in the office. Also, you will see tons of new plants and a spot for new grass in the front of the school. Please take your students on a short tour of the new spots and encourage them to take pride of and care for their school. Please make sure students do not walk or stand on the new grass or flower beds. I FORESEE THIS BEING AN ISSUE DURING THE MONDAY MORNING PLEDGE - please be very aware of where your students walk and stand if you take them out in the morning. Also, Sharon cleaned out the staff lounge on Saturday - thank you Sharon! Please take home any dished left on the table as we will be donating at the end of the week if they are unclaimed. So many beautiful updates - so exciting! Please let me know if you have any questions!
Duty Schedule Reminder
- 7:45-8 lunch tables: Welch
- 8-8:15 blacktop: Cycenas
- 10:15-10:30 blacktop: Schmuhl
- 10:15-10:30 big apple, looking to playground: Fisher
- 10:35-10:50 primary swings, east: Pettibone
- 10:35-10:50 lunch benches and blue playground: King
- 2:20-2:35 stairs with bus, near computer lab: Strawn
- 2:20-2:35 entrance to parking lot/ sidewalk near Kinder: Rutledge *please watch new grass and planters
- 2:20-2:35 crosswalk near library: Beckham
- 2:20-2:35 center island: Cinadr
- 2:20-2:35 crosswalk by office: Vigneault
- SBAC ELA (Grades 3-6) - Day One
- AP gone at VPE and LVE from 8:40-11:30a
- Talent Show Auditions after school
- 3rd grade articulation after school
- SBAC ELA (Grades 3-6) - Day Two
- 1st Grade Field Trip to Pretend City
- Talent Show Auditions after school
- Min Day - Pick-Up K 12:20p, 1st-6th 12:25p - PLC - start at 1:45p in Staff Lounge and then disperse among PLCs - we will be discussing NGSS and 2016-2017
- SBAC ELA (Grades 3-6) - Day Three
- Final Box Top Collection
- Eagles Dine Out - Chipotle - 50% back to Serrano!!!
- 2:30 - 1st grade articulation
- SBAC ELA (Grades 3-6) - Day Four
- AP at ETAC at DO 3:00p-5:00p
- Ice Cream Sales
- SBAC ELA (Grades 3-6) - Day Five
- Eagle Spirit Day - Wear your Eagle Shirts
THREE DAY WEEKEND; NO SCHOOL MONDAY! - Happy Memorial Day!
Volunteer Appreciation Breakfast - UPDATED
By Tuesday - you will be receiving the invitations for your volunteers in your mailbox to then send home in Wednesday folders.
There will be a sign-up for performances in the staff lounge this week, please sign-up for a time to perform and plan to arrive five minutes ahead time to ensure we go from one act to another. VAPA will be performing for 5th and 6th grade :)
To help decorate the breakfast, we are asking that each class build a centerpiece. This can be simple as a handprint vase to something different and creative. Please let us know if you have questions.
- MXL Log - Jane has done a GREAT job of tracking our students who attend MXL and for the reason. Please feel free to use the log as evidence in a conference, should you need it: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1m7NXsKWPtf0X0LDF6AOcWv5Q5MpTU2vvypQmiuT_pq0/edit?usp=sharing