Journey Through Sixth Grade
week of May 9th
What to look forward to...
- May 11 -12: Recycle & Read Curbside Drop Off (morning carpool)
- May 13 - 19: 8th Annual Recycle & Read (library)
- May 16-20: MJS Annual Art Show, Gym
- May 20: Spring Concert (all of 6th grade)
- May 25: Reach Out Assembly
- May 25-27: Service Learning Showcase
- May 27: Blue & White Day; Half Day of School; Extended Programs Closed
- May 30: Memorial Day; MJS & Extended Programs Closed
Parent Education Event
Mayfield Parent and Board Member Pamela Ebstyne King, Ph.D.
"Kids & God: Nurturing your Child's Spirituality and Ability to Thrive"
What do faith, God, and religion have to do with thriving in 2016? As a developmental psychologist and Presbyterian minister, Pam will discuss three core aspects of vital faith for children and youth, and how spirituality is essential to thriving young people who have are rooted in joy, have a purpose-based identity, and find meaningful ways to contribute to the greater good.
Date: Thursday, May 12
Time: 8:15 - 9:45 am
Location: Hayden Performing Arts Center
Link to register: https://www.mayfieldjs.org/podium/default.aspx?t=36644&rid=16800
Yearbook needs your help
The yearbook elective needs your pictures!
The students in the yearbook elective are planning on putting together a digital album and need photos from the MJS community!
If you have any photos taken on a camera or smart phone, please click on this link on the link below.
You'll be taken to a page where you can upload photos to our MJS yearbook gallery and help us capture all events from April until June.
The Yearbook Elective