Ms. Wertheim's Little Leaders
News and Resources from Room 203: Week of May 16
What we're learning about this week 📚
- Reading- We are determining the author's purpose in a variety of non-fiction texts about animal life cycles.
- Writing- Students are continuing Life Cycle research and working hard on their scripts for their Puppetry Performance which will be on Thursday, May 26 at noon (parents are invited) See more details below!
- Math- We are wrapping up measurement and data, and then beginning our end of year review.
- FUNdations- We are beginning unit 17. There will be NO UNIT 17 HOMEWORK. For more info, please read the letter attached to their Fundations homework or visit the Fundations page on my blog: http://mswertheim.blogspot.com/p/reading.html .
- Science- We are learning about animal life cycles!
- Social Studies- We are continuing economics and learning about goods/services, producers/consumers, and wants/needs.
Important Dates and Reminders: Mark your Calendars 📌
- Mon., May 16: through Friday, May 20, EOG Spirit Week
- Thurs. May 19: Celebration of Learning Potluck (all families welcome) 5:30-8:00 p.m.
- Mon, May 23: 2nd grade field trip to the Nature Center for Life Cycle Exploration (please send in money if you haven't already done so)
- Fri., May 20: Spring Book Fair begins
- Thursday, May 26: 2nd Grade Puppetry Performance in the Gym at 12:15
- EOG Tests May 24- June 7
- Tues., June 7: Kindergarten Graduation
- Wed., June 8: 5th Graduation at 9:00
Help us complete our flex seating classroom on Go-Fund-Me:
Learn more about flexible seating...
Wish List 🌟
Crackers, fruit, veggies, and individual wrapped snacks are wonderful. No nuts, please :)
Unfortunately we have several classroom books currently checked in to the "book hospital" and they need to be repaired A.S.A.P. Can you help donate the best book bandages? (packing tape)
Sandwich size slider bags
These are easier for kids to open and close when getting out Fundations magnets
Positive Quote of the Week
Class Dojo, Behavior Assessments, and Homework 📓
Behavior assessments are filled out each day by your child. I am so proud of their self-reflection skills! They've done an excellent job with their self-assessments so far. Please be sure to discuss their achievements with them and sign the assessment each evening.
Homework this week consists of:
- Read each night for 20 minutes and fill out reading log
- Math packet (due Friday)
*No Fundations homework for the remainder of the year.