Remote Learning Week 10
May 26, 2020 - May 29, 2020
Dear 1B Families,
Can you believe that we are in week 10 of remote learning?! May is coming to an end and we have NO school on Monday, 5/25 in observance of Memorial Day. Read through this Smore to find several updates on what you can expect coming up in June, as we close out the school year, including when the deadline is for final assignment submissions! Also, get excited because our BPCS Spirit Week is starting! More information is provided in the link below, as well as in each day's morning message on Google Classroom's Stream this week. Please reach out if you have any questions or concerns.
BPCS Spirit Week Schedule:
- Tuesday, 5/26: Represent Your Class Day
- Wednesday, 5/27: Teacher Feature Day
- Thursday, 5/28: Character Inspiration Day
- Friday, 5/29: Essential Worker Day
1B Weekly Zoom Sessions
P.S. We were so thankful to have special guests join our Zoom last week where we had so much fun playing games, singing and dancing! Check out the pictures of our Zoom session last week! :-)
Surprise guests: Specials teachers
Our talented Art teacher, Ms. Walsh started off by showing us her cool whirly gig. Then we went on the Padlet website to take a look at all the cool artistic recreations for the BPCS K-12 Art Challenge! Shout out to all our 1B friends who participated in the activity. WOOT WOOT!
Our creative Science teacher, Ms. Cimoch played the "Science scavenger hunt" game with us. We had to find objects in our house that had certain properties such as: soft, smooth, rough, circle, rectangular. We ended with showing something that makes us happy!
Our fun Spanish teacher, Maestra Julia led a Freeze Dance party where we danced along to songs like the theme of Tiger King and Old Town Road. When the music was played we danced and when the music stopped we froze like statues!
Our vocalist Musical Theater teacher, Ms. Wangerin helped us prepare our voices with the "Animal warm-ups" where we imitated what sounds the animals made.
Then we sang the song, "You've got a friend in me" which is the theme song to the movie Toy Story. It's been so long since we sang it but everyone remembered it!
Our funny Music teacher, Mr. Kramer joined us at the end! He strummed along on his ukulele as we sang the song "This Land is Your Land" along with the motions. It was the perfect ending to our zoom meeting!
Weekly Lesson Plan
Click on the link to see what our 1B students will be learning this week!
Looking Ahead in June
- Live ASP moments to support families
- NO synchronous learning on this day
June 5 - Remote Marking Period Ends
- Teachers will compile information from the beginning of remote learning until June 5th to write narrative reports for each student, with a focus on engagement.
- Any ELA and Math work that is submitted after Friday, June 5th will NOT be accounted for in narrative reports, nor checked or graded. We strongly encourage all core assignments to be completed before that date.
June 5 - June 19
- Teachers will also gradually begin reducing student workload.
- Feedback provided on assignments will be reduced as well.
- There will be NO office hours.
- Whole class weekly Zoom sessions WILL still occur.
- Last day of school for students
- Instruction will end on this day.