A family Newsletter: Week of December 10th
5th Grade Music Program!
Check out this neat collaborative activity between Baxter and Frank Seale Middle School!
RING TEAM SERVICE PROJECTS ON DECEMBER 20TH!!!
Black Ring Service Project
Campus Character Rings!
THE BLACK AND GREEN RING ARE TIED!!!! OMG!!! IT IS SO CLOSE!!!! GREAT JOB KIDDOS!!!!
Golden Nuggets from our Counselor, Mrs. Golden
Creating Family Memories:
Traditions, Rituals and Routines
Every human being has an innate need to belong. Whether to a larger group or a family, we all want to feel a sense of connectedness, of value and worth, that there is a reason for our being. Traditions, rituals and routines fulfill these needs, providing a sense of security and comfort. Children love traditions, rituals and routines!
- They enhance a child’s self-esteem and make him feel that he is an invaluable part of the family.
- They provide reinforcement to the importance of family unity. Children fare better in households where ritual is established and preserved, even if disruptive problems, such as divorce or alcoholism, are present.
- They are a positive way to help families affirm their beliefs and values.
- They can help young children and their families deal with stress. They ensure that events that have highlighted the past will continue in the future no matter what is happening in the present.
- They provide a sense of continuity and security that can often help children and parents work out fears.
- They reduce the feeling of vulnerability and give a child a sense of control over his world.
Create traditions, rituals and routines that are fun and relaxed. Make certain that the rituals ensure family time together. Discover rituals, routines and traditions that convey a feeling of pride, security, connectedness and love.
K-4th will be learning how to apply for a job. We will talk about positive self talk and attributes that make us employable. (We will be applying for Christmas jobs like being an elf or a Santa substitute)
5th will be completing a career interest inventory.
What's happening in the library
Hour of Code
Students in grades Kinder through 5th participated in Hour of Code, a global movement reaching tens of millions of students in 180+ countries.
Follow this link to see what students learned.
Upcoming Events at Baxter
Monday, December 10th: All City Choir
Wednesday, December 19th: Polar Express Pajama Day
Thursday, December 20th: Grinch Day and Ring Service Day
Friday, December 21st: Holiday Parties and Early Release at 1:15