Friday, April 15, 2016
Working together with families in a partnership of teachers, staff and community members to provide an individualized learning environment that fosters high achievement in core and elective areas; preparing students for life-long success.
Join us at the Denai'na this Saturday
Family Partnership is sponsoring a booth at this year's KIDS Day at the Denai'na. Come watch some of our very own FPCS students perform, meet Seymour the Moose and enjoy a day out with the family.
When: Sunday, April 16,
What: Anchorage's Promise (KIDS DAY)
Where: Downtown Denai'na Convention Center
Time: 10:00 - 4:00 p.m.
For more information: http://www.anchoragespromise.org/
Re-Enroll ONLINE: May 2 - 27
- Will you be returning to Family Partnership for the 2016-17 school year?
- Want to avoid filling out all the fall registration paperwork?
- Want to get a jump start in planning next year's ILP's
- Are you wanting to sign your student(s) up for Crosspoint Classes before they fill up?
- Are you hoping to reserve your slot with your current sponsor teacher?
For your convenience, the online registration window for returning students has been extended to cover the entire month of May. The process takes just a few minutes per student and while we love it when you visit the office, registering online could save you a lot of time, energy, gas, and stress.
Online Registration (through Zangle Parent Connect)
Hardcopy Paperwork (download, print, fill out, sign, and submit to the office)
New-to-district students or students moving over the summer will still need to apply for a slot through the online lottery and register in-person at our office.
NO OPEN LAB on 20th. We will resume on April 27th.
Students in grades K-8 are welcome to come for one hour to use free computer programs: Lexia Core5, Lexia Strategies, Keyboarding Without Tears, Typing Agent, and Math Whizz. Parents are welcome to come and ask questions about any of these programs. This service is free and counts toward teacher contact hours. Hope to see you there!
CALLING FOR CANDIDATES
FPCS will hold it's annual election for the Academic Policy Committee at our End of Year Celebration on May 10, 2016. There are five APC seats set to expire at the end of the 2015-16 school year.
Parent Seat A (currently held by Pete Johnson)
Parent Seat D (Curently held by Robert Barton)
Parent Seat F (Currently vacant)
Teacher Seat B (Currently held by Happy Chronister)
Student Seat (Curently vacant)
Student Shadow Seat (Currently vancant)
To declare your candidacy, please fill out the Candidate Questionnaire form and return it to the APC Elections Committee Chair, Robert Barton no later than April 30, 2016.
OPPORTUNITIES for STUDENTS
Alaska Native Science & Engineering Program (ANSEP) in ASD
We are excited to announce that Anchorage School District has again partnered with the Alaska Native Science & Engineering Program (ANSEP) in order to offer an exceptional summer opportunity for our Alaska Native students.
Note: These academies are contingent upon ASD school board budget approval and may be cancelled if the funding is not received.
We are currently recruiting 5th, 6th, and 7th grade students who:
- Are interested in science and mathematics,
- Have a "B" average or above in their science and mathematics classes,
- Have a passing score on the state's science and mathematics tests,
- And are on track (or have the ability to get on track) to complete Algebra I before entering high school.
The Middle School Academy will have two sessions: June 1-12 and June 15-26, 2016. The application for the program is attached, and completed packets can be mailed directly to the ANSEP office or handed in at the ASD Title VII Indian Education Office. The application deadline is April 22, 2016 by 5:00 PM.
The Anchorage School District Title VII Indian Education Department will be hosting one more informational session for families:
- 4/19/16 from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM at the ASD Education Center, Learning Lab
Interested families and school staff are encouraged to attend in order learn more information about the program, and to get help with completing their applications. (Including essay writing tips and support.)
ESSENTIAL INSTRUCTIONAL STRATEGIES
- "I'm inviting you to think about...."
- "We welcome your ideas for..."
- "Consider your perspective on the following..."
Notice how the language used in the phrases above provides an invitational and safe environment for sharing. Invitational language helps open thinking and provides respect and appreciation for the different perspectives of participants.
THINGS THAT MAKE YOU GO HMMMM...
IMPORTANT DATES - EVENTS - DEADLINES
- April 11th - April 22nd: MAP (Measures of Academic Progress - our universal screener) assessments for students in grades K-8.
- April 29th: Spring Reimbursement Deadline (4:00 p.m.)
- May 2: Final grades and work samples due for graduating seniors
- May 10: Year End Celebration (6:00) Crosspoint Church
- May 17: Graduation (7:00 p.m.) East High School Auditorium
THANK YOU FPCS SCHOOL BUSINESS PARTNERS
524 W. Fourth Avenue
Anchorage, AK 99501
151 W 100th Ave,
Anchorage, AK 99515
3101 Penland Pkwy, Ste K18
Anchorage, AK 99508