June 2, 2015
Aquin Media Class presents . . .
Aquin Media Class presents . . .
The Last Day . A Musical Review
Looking for a 6-week Host Family
Kristina is the niece of a Freeport resident who is also a member of St. Thomas Church. They are looking for someone to host Kristina for 6 weeks (as they have a son and will be traveling to many soccer practices and matches during her time here--and want her to have opportunities in her areas of interest). If you are interested in hosting Kristina, or finding out more information about this opportunity, please contact email@example.com.
Celly Test Time!
We'll be sending 'test messages' today to all of our teams--and our 'aquinschools' cell around noon.
- If you receive the message, then you will know that you are in the cell.
- If you receive nothing today, then you need to check your account--or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note--delivery time of text messages is dependent upon your provider.
If you missed the previous email information, click here or click here to find all the info. Or--check with your Jr-Sr High student(s). Each one was given a sheet yesterday with all the information. (Jr High doesn't have cellies, but the back of the sheet had sports physical information and FHN Miles and Minutes information--so all were given a sheet.)
Sports Physicals--FHN on June 10
All 2015-16 Aquin athletes in Grades 5-12 must have a current physical on file. Students in grade 6 and 9 must have a complete physical, which covers the sports physical requirement. The 'sports physical' does not meet the 'complete physical' requirement.
Athletes and/ or parents should call the location they wish to attend to make their appointment in advance. FHN and Monroe Clinic offer special dates and times throughout the summer for a reduced fee of $20 for each Pre-Participation Exam. All of these dates and times are listed on the web calendar.
- FHN's Physical Clinic on Wednesday, June 10 has been designated for Aquin and Pearl City. The $20 fee from this Clinic will be donated back to these schools. We encourage families needing a sports physical to attend this clinic if possible.
If your student is going to attend his or her sports physical without a parent or guardian, FHN requires a form (giving parental consent) accompany the student.
Download and print that form by clicking here.
Summer Office Hours Begin!
Freeport Area Soccer Association
If your child loves soccer but isn’t ready for a competitive schedule, FASA is the best way to play! Our training program is designed to teach the fundamentals of soccer while focusing on…PLAYING the game and having FUN!
Age Groups (as of August 1, 2015)
- U5 & U6 Coed (age 4-5)
- U7 & U8 Coed (age 6-7)
- U9 & U10 Coed (age 8-9)
- U11 & U12 Coed (age 10-11)
- U13-U18 Coed (age 12-17)
- Note: Age groups may be changed due to registration numbers.
- Informational Meeting June 10, 2015 at Freeport Public Library at 6:30 pm.
- Registration Closes July 14, 2015
- First Training Session August 17, 2015
- Games Begin! September 9, 2015
Freeport Soccer Club Tryouts
If your child loves soccer, Club Soccer is the way to go!
Freeport Soccer Club is looking for players for their travel teams. Players would commit to one year, Fall of 2015 and Spring of 2016.
- Our teams play friendly games against other teams from nearby cities such as Dixon and Rockford and in local tournaments (usually within a two hour driving distance).
- Home games are played at the Sportsplex facility.
- Fees cover the cost of player registration, tournament registrations, field usage, training equipment and insurance.
- Scholarships are available on a need basis.
- For further questions, please visit www.freeportsoccerclub.com or call 815-801-5425.
- Wednesday, June 3 for players age U7 - U11 (birthdate is between August 1, 2005 and July 31, 2009)
- Thursday, June 4 for players age U12 and older (birthdate is before August 1, 2005)
- Registration begins at 5:30. Tryouts are from 6:00 – 7:00.
- Sportsplex (on Walnut Rd. behind Menards)
- Please bring a ball, water and a copy of your birth certificate.
- Please wear shin guards and a shirt with a number if possible.
Freeport Soccer Club is not affiliated with Freeport School District or any other local schools.