All About Graphic Designers
By: Joseph Vu
What is a Graphic Designer?
Computer programming is a way to many different careers. Graphic designing is one of the many careers possible through computer programming. A graphic designer is someone who uses visual concepts and images, created by computer software, to grab people's attention. For example they will be hired by companies to create advertisements, logos and graphics for websites.
Required Skills and Training
- Bachelor in Graphic design
- Degree in Computer Science
- At least 1-3 years of work experience in the field
- Someone who is very skilled with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, In-design)
- Strong computer skills with all computer applications (Microsoft office applications, etc)
- Can work well with others
- Is not afraid to be creative
- Someone who is self-motivated, self driven
- Is well organized and can meet deadlines
To work as a graphic designer they must be able to work in an office environment for long hours. They also must be able to communicate and work with others well while being able to meet their deadlines on time. However there are graphic designers that do work from home, so they get the benefit of being able to change their schedule to suit their needs. Such as choosing how long they work and when they work.
Salary Range and Trends in The Job Market
The average salary range for a graphic designer is $41,003. However trends in the job market could change that for the better because jobs that require computer programming skills, like graphic designing are becoming more valued and are in higher demand. The main reason being that our society is becoming more digital and very few people know how to code. So skills, such as coding, become very useful in a technological advancing world.