What's Happening ?? !!
~ Hawley School Newsletter: November 11, 2018 ~
Fire Safety Day!!!
It is always a fun day when we are joined by the Newtown Fire Department for prevention and safety information while learning about their jobs and equipment used. We thank the NFD for their time.
Halloween Activities, Celebrations and Parties (Oh My!)
- Tomorrow we celebrate Veteran's Day. Parking spaces all along the front of the building will remain available for Veterans as staff and volunteers will be parking at Caraluzzis.
- We are collecting non-perishable food items through Wednesday, 11/14, to assist a high school student with a community project. The donation box is in the main lobby and your support and generosity is appreciated,
- If we run a safety drill when you are in the building volunteering, please follow the drill procedures given to you by staff and model proper behavior (ex. standing with the group, no talking/listening for directions) Thank you.
- If you have some gently used clothing you are looking to get rid of, our nurse's office is looking for the following items: girls underwear, in a variety of sizes (small to large), leggings or pants for girls, mainly size 5-6, socks for both boys and girls, and any hand me down sneakers, either boys or girls, sizes 10-5. We utilize them in the event of bathroom accidents or recess snow/puddle/mud overindulgence ;0)
PTA Meeting / Principal's Coffee
Feedback from our yearly surveys have shown that people share that they struggle to attend meetings due to the fact that they occur during the day, for child care reasons , and being very busy. The PTA and I are joining forces to help out.
The next PTA Meeting:
- will be at night
- child care for school-aged children will be provided,
- AND we are combining it with a Principal's Coffee for your 1-stop shopping ;0)
Thursday, 11/29 will be a PTA Meeting followed by a presentation by the principal on School Safety and Security.
We hope that this evening is designed to allow for more people to be able to attend and participate.
What a fun-filled family night of music, food, and friends. Our school community came together to enjoy an evening together while raising money for Hawley School. Thank you to all that gave their time and efforts putting this terrific night together.
The Hawley School Website
Our website contains a tremendous amount of information and has the answers to most questions. PLUS, a staff directory/emails, handbooks, forms and more Click HERE to check it out!