Getting enough nutrients within your calorie needs
- sex , metabolism , genetic blue print , your body shape and the shape your in
- identifies the proportion of nutrients in foods,
How to maintain a healthy weight.
- any attribute, characteristic or exposure of an individual that increases the likelihood of developing a disease or injury
- too little body fat is linked with problems and normal healthy functioning with women and men and can lead to problems with reproduction in women
- to much body fat increases the risk of many disease
- take in fewer calories and burn more calories
Suggestions for being physically active every day
- help reduce the risk of chronic disease and improve you over all health
- recommended that teens get at least 1 hour of physical activity
- more flexible than ever, giving you the freedom to reach your physical activity goals through different types and amounts of activities each week.
Importance of whole grains, fruits, vegetables and milk
- contain different nutrients and other healthful substances
- Increased intakes of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and fat-free or low-fat milk and milk products are likely to have important health benefits
- at the base of the pyramid
How to limit fats and cholesterol
- meaning trans and saturated fats, increase the risk for certain diseases
- prevention of cardiovascular disease
- they help absorb the fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E, and K, and carotenoids
Be choosy about carbohydrates
- Fruits, such as apples, pears, bananas and grapes
- regular soft drinks, energy drinks sports drinks candy cookies and pastries
- obesity, diabetes, nutrition deficiency
- alcohol could disrupt development, affect how the brain disseminates information into long-term memory and affect visual functioning
Why is food safety an important part of the Dietary Guidelines?
embodies food safety principles to avoid food borne illness.