Never Give Up
By: Ilhaam Hashwani
Michael Oher, struggles, triumphs, or both? (Sequence)
When Michael was a teen he not only went in and out of school, but he was homeless, he would stay in the playground of an elementary school. One day he met a kid named SJ. So after school one day it was raining and SJ's parents came to pick him up, when they got there they saw Michael. SJ's parents asked their kid who Michael was and he told them about him. So Leigh Tuohy(SJ's mom) took him in and took care of him. They helped him get good education. When he got to high school, he took an interest in football. At first he would falter every time he tried to tackle . Thanks to the help of Leigh Tuohy he was able to do it right. By the time he finished high school, the Tuohys were able to send him to college, where he did great, and getting into the NFL was no problem.
Michael Oher was signed by the Baltimore Ravens on 2009 and now is playing for the Carolina Panthers. The story of how he got into the NFL was created into a movie called The Blind Side. (The blind side is referring to the way the Panthers Quarterback Cam Newton wanted Michael Oher to defend his blind side.)
Preparing to Win. How easy is it to get into the big leagues. A DESCRIPTION on Maury Wills journey to the big leagues..
The Running Dream. Will she ever run again? Will she ever be on track again?(Description)
Soon Jessica received a prosthetic leg which made her able to walk( she could not run in it) but not so easily. It took getting used to. At first she would fall again and again, but she persevered through it. Meanwhile her track team was trying to come up with ways to get Jessica a running leg, (A running leg is what amputees use to run and play sports that involve running). Finally they came up with a fundraiser, and even got their local news station to run a story to earn funds for her leg. Eventually they got enough money to buy Jessica a running leg and bring her dream back to life. They brought her back to one of the things she loves most, running.
What caused them to win or lose? Carl Hayden Robotics Team 2004 (cause/effect)
Nadja v.s. Oscar, who has triumphed, who has not.
Persevering may seem easy, but everyone must pay the price. The price you pay isn't cash or check, but its resolving, keeping your determination alive. Its making sure that you keep going. The price you pay may seem big, but it isn't. It's simply trying, trying, trying. Its never giving up.
- Davis, Joshua. Spare Parts: Four Undocumented Teenagers, One Ugly Robot, and the Battle for the American Dream. N.p.: n.p., n.d. Print
- Kersey, Cynthia. "Preparing to Win." Unstoppable: 45 Powerful Stories of Perseverance and Triumph from People Just like You. Naperville, IL: Source, 1998. N. pag. Print.
- Bernstein, Barry. "Nadja on My Way." Literature and Language. Evanston, IL: McDougal, Littell, 1994. N. pag. Print.
- Biography.com Editors. "Michael Oher." Bio.com. A&E Networks Television, n.d. Web. 10 May 2016
- Merrill, Elizabeth. "Http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14679864/carolina-panthers-cam-newton-recruited-michael-oher-protect-blind-side."ESPN. ESPN Internet Ventures, 1 Feb. 2016. Web. 10 May 2016