Faculty Staff Memo
St. Gabriel School ....... April 3, 2016
WEEKLY LITURGICAL READING AND REFLECTION
Palm Sunday of the Lord's Passion
Sacred Scripture LK 23:42
Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.”
Message of Mercy
Servant of Mercy
God forgives every man in his sovereign mercy, but he himself willed that those who belong to Christ and to the Church receive forgiveness by means of the ministers of the community. Through the apostolic ministry the mercy of God reaches me, my faults are forgiven and joy is bestowed on me…
The Church, who is holy and at the same time in need of penitence, accompanies us on the journey of conversion throughout our life. The Church is not mistress of power or the keys, but a servant of the ministry of mercy and rejoices every time she can offer this divine gift.
— General Audience, November 20, 2013
Jesus established the Sacrament of Reconciliation through the Church so that the Church could accompany us in our journey of conversion.
This message of mercy and reflection material is generously provided by Our Sunday Visitor, publisher of A Year of Mercy With Pope Francis: Daily Reflections.
Holy Week and Stations of the Cross
There will be a changed/shortened schedule for the Wednesday.
On April 29th, we will be having another very important In-Service Day for all teachers. We will be having Marcy Raymond, a special speaker in the field of STEM and RTI, directing us in more critical professional development. An experienced teacher, principal, and national presenter, she has a known professional reputation for helping schools implement and integrate these and other areas in a customized and highly effective way.
March 21--June 9, 2016
- First Grade Trees for Life, MPR
March 22 -- Principal Parent Circle
- Grizzly Learning Den
- Changed Schedule
- 8:05am All School Mass
- 1:15pm Living Stations, Church
- NO CUB CARE
- End of 3rd Quarter
March 24--April 1 -- Easter Break NO SCHOOL
April 4 -- Classes Resume
- 6:30 Gr 6 Camp Parent Chaperone Meeting, GLD
- 2:45 Faculty Meeting, Mrs, Jackie Taylor speaker
- 8:05am All School Mass
- Grades 3, 5, 7 Writing Proficiency
- Report cards for 3rd quarter to go home
- Grade 5 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
April 9 -- District Power of the Pen Regional Competition
- 9:00 Mini Open House
- NO SCHOOL LITURGY -- Church carpeting installation
Aprl 14 -- PTU Spring Fling, Moms Night Out
- Location: Community Center at Mentor Ice Arena, 8600 Munson Road, Mentor
- Time: 5:30-9:30pm
- Contact: Denise at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vendor items
- 8:30-9:30am All School Assembly, PC -- "Cinderella"
- NOTE: No evening performance of Cinderella on Friday.
April 16 and 17
- "Performing Arts Group "Cinderella" -- Two performances
- 7:00pm - Saturday evening, and 3:00pm Sunday afternoon
- Pahler Center
- Gr 2 First Eucharist Retreat
- Performing Arts Group "Cinderella"
- Pahler Center
- Gr 7-8 Operation Keepsake
April 22 --Grade 1 and 8 - Zoo field trip
April 19--22 -- Grade 6 Outdoor Camp
April 26 -- Kindergarten New Parent Welcome and Orientation Evening
- Information for 2016-17 School Year
- Refreshments and Fellowship with new parents, Class of 2025!
April 29 -- NO SCHOOL --Teacher In-Service Day
- STEM and RTI presentation by Marcy Raymond
May 2 & 3
- Kindergarten Screening
- 8:15am May Crowning, church
- 6:30pm 8th Grade "Academy Award Night", MPR
- 7:00pm Grades 4-5 Music Program, PC
May 20 -- WALKATHON and FIELD DAY
- Young Authors, Young Artists Night
May 27 -- rain date for Walkathon
June 3 -- Kindergarten Graduation
- in church
- 8:30am -- Grade 8 Baccalaureate Mass
- 9:30am Breakfast
- 7:00pm Grade 8 Graduation Ceremony, church
- Reception following in MPR
June 9 -- Last day of school
- 8:30am Blessing of Children, church
- 11:00am Early Dismissal
Snow (Calamity) Days Reminders
Our goal for snow/calamity days this year is to greatly simplify and be consistent in our work requirements for our students.
"THE SNOW DAY 3"
- Students are expected to do work that was already assigned for the day that became a snow day. if a quiz or test was scheduled on the snow day, please post a reminder on your Snow Day page that it will be taken on the day back after the snow day. If you wish to extend that further, that is up to you, but please post that.
- No new instruction or new work or new assignments will be given. For work or homework that was already assigned, if students have questions or problems, they can ask you when they get back to school.
- Teachers post on their web pages by noon on each snow day, any news, information, instructions or changes that students and/or parents need to know about classwork, homework, or other assignments or events. Please post something that either encourages everyone to have a good day, or reminds about regular work already assigned! (Students and parents must check teacher web pages each snow day.)
- NOTE: Blizzard Bags are for new work to be assigned if our snow days are used up.
- We'll discuss as staff ahead of time how to create and use Blizzard Bags if needed.
Please pray for Mark Kobosky and his wife and family for comfort in the loss of his sister in law Janet Smolinsky.
Please pray for Eric Butler who is recovering from surgery on his shoulder.
Please pray for Andrea karpuszka's Dad who is suffering from illness.
Please pray for Marge Majoros who had surgery on her fingers.
Let us continue to pray also for each other, as colleagues and friends, and as companions on the discipleship journey of our mission in Christ. We all in various ways have unspoken needs, cares and tribulations in our families, needing big and little prayers.
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Please continue praying also for parents and families in our school community needing prayers. Remember those who are suffering through loss in any way in their families. Please especially pray for the children, those who are impacted by the cares and tribulations in their families, and those who are suffering their own cares and tribulations. Let them all touch our hearts.