McCowan Middle School
Mission: Maximize Success
WEEK OF 1/22/2019
WHEN TEACHING GETS TOUGH....
LAUGH: Hilarious things happen every day in the classroom, but we are often too overwhelmed to appreciate them. Whether it’s something a colleague says that makes you chuckle, a funny retort from a student, or searching out a source of humor online, relish the moment and have a giggle.
INSPIRE: Sometimes we need a gut-wrenching, tear-jerking reality check to remind us about why we entered this WONDERFUL profession to begin with and the difference we are truly making each and every day. Whether we realize it or not, we are inspiring people all the time
Our school has partnered with Student Conductor in the implementation of a new, more effective tardy/dress code processing system. Here are the things that you need to know.
- There are multiple tardy check-in kiosk stations located throughout the school.
- When tardy or out of dress code, the student will use the nearest check-in kiosk station to get them back into class efficiently.
- Every time a student is tardy or out of dress code, an email and/or text message is sent to a parent/guardian notifying them that the student was tardy. Any discipline assigned will also be notified to the parent/guardian.
- If a discipline is being assigned for the student being tardy then the student must serve the discipline by the appointed time. Failure to do so may result in an escalation of discipline. This system allows your principals and parents to easily track what disciplines have been served thereby increasing accountability.
- The process is simple when a student is tardy or out of dress code
1. Scan or type the Student ID into the nearest Check-In Student Conductor Station.
2. The student takes the tardy/ dress code receipt and reads the discipline that has been assigned for being tardy or out of dress code.
3. The student reports to class and shows the receipt to the teacher as the pass to class. Students must keep their receipt all day as their pass to classes.
2. Final Warning
3. Parent Phone Call
4. Thursday Night School
5. Parent Conference
6. ISS- In School Suspension
7. OSS- Out of School Suspension
Consequences of tardiness can be avoided by students showing up on time for class.
Attendance Jean Day Incentive
**NOTE: Jeans must be free of frays and rips.**
Thursday Night School
This Week At A Glance
01/24 -McCowan vs. Permenter (8th Grade Girls)
7th & 8th Grade Girls (A) Teams District Tournament @ McCowan
Jan. 25th & 26th
02/01 -Magnet Application closes
02/04- 02/08 -District Benchmark Testing Week
02/14 -District Early Release/ Parent Teacher Meeting
02/15 -No School/ Teacher Professional Development
02/18 -School Holiday/ No School