Weekly Update - July 8, 2022
Strive Center for Autism
VIP Day was a success!
VIPs had a tour of the center, completed an art project with their student, and had a tasty snack. We love this opportunity to bring more people into the center to learn about what the children do here.
For those who couldn't make it this time, our next VIP Day will be in September - we hope to see you then!
Upcoming Fun Fridays
Spirit Days - Please NOTE CHANGES ON JULY 15TH AND 22ND
- July 15th - Brighton - School Spirit Day - wear your Strive shirt
- July 15th - Burton - Mismatch Day stripes with polka dots, crazy colors, 2 different socks, the less it matches, the better!
- July 22nd - Brighton - Mismatch Day - stripes with polka dots, crazy colors, 2 different socks, the less it matches, the better!
- July 22nd - Burton - School Spirit Day - wear your Strive shirt
- July 29th - Super Hero Day - wear a shirt with your favorite super hero on it, or go all out and dress like your favorite super hero.
Fun Friday Activities
- July 15th - Brighton - Water balloons - feel free to send sandals or water shoes to wear during this activity
- July 15th - Burton - Reading Buddies
- July 22nd - Brighton - Reading Buddies
- July 22nd - Burton - Water balloons - feel free to send sandals or water shoes to wear during this activity
- July 29th - "Fireworks" science experiment - we make fireworks in a jar with water, oil, and food coloring
Meet Evalina, ABA Therapist in Brighton
Evalina has worked at the Strive Center since May 2022. She spent many years as a teacher’s aide at a Montessori school. She also worked in an after-school program as a para, as a substitute for K-8 and a skating coach for children.
Evalina is currently attending CMU, majoring in Elementary and Special Education.
She enjoys taking her dogs for walks, spending time with her family and figure skating.
This year, Evalina is with us just for the summer in Brighton, as she'll return to college in the fall, but we hope to see her return!
It's hard to believe, but summer is already 1/3 over! We know families will be looking to schedule vacations in the next two months, so please use the link below to inform us of your planned absences.
Here are some additional dates that the centers will be closed this summer:
Friday, August 26th Professional Development Day
Monday, September 5th Labor Day
If your family is planning a longer absence around one of those dates, or at another time, please let us know as soon as you are able!
Caregiver Appreciation Day
Friday, July 22nd, 8:30am
Brighton and Burton
In Brighton, take your "ticket" over to the Coffee Beanery for a drink on us after drop off in the morning.
In Burton, we'll have coffee and treats in Garrett's Place at drop off time in the morning.
Grab a coffee on your way to work, or stay and meet other caregivers - it's a great way for you to connect and for us to express our appreciation of all you do!