1. Kepler-452b is the first exo-planet found which is orbiting a similar star to our sun, known as a G2-type star, at a similar distance from its star that Earth is from the sun.
This gives it a greater change of having the conditions, surface temperature, atmosphere, and water, that are needed for life, than any other planet ever detected in our galaxy.
Until now exo-planets had been found in the "habitable zone" of different types of stars, but this is the first orbiting a sun like ours at a similar distance.
2. It is 60 percent larger in diameter than Earth, so is considered a super-Earth-size planet. Its mass and composition are not yet determined, but the mass is estimated at two to five times that of Earth.
Previous research suggests that planets the size of Kepler-452b have a good chance of being rocky, another requirement for life.3. A year on 452-b is 385 days - just 20 days (5%) longer than Earth's. The planet was found by observing the tiny blip it caused against its star as it orbited around.
4. The planet is also 5% further away from its star, than the Earth's 92million miles to our sun, at 96,6 million miles away.
5. The Kepler-452 solar system, which 452-b is in, is located 1,400 light-years away from ours in the constellation Cygnus.
6. The gravity of 452-b would be two times stronger than that on Earth, due to its bigger size, meaning any lifeforms would likely to be much stockier than us and we would feel we weighed twice as much on the surface
7. The star it orbits is 20% brighter with a 10% bigger radius than our sun and the planet receives 10% more energy than we do from ours8. But 452-b's star is the same temperature as our sun
9. The Kepler-452 solar system is estimated at 6billion years old, 1.5billion years older than ours, but Nasa admits it could be out by 2billion years either side on that calculation
10. The scientists believe it could have a thick cloud cover, oceans and very active volcanoes